Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by chicondaman View Post
    I'm going to start with an email to Mountain Hardwear warranty and see if they might take care of it or at least have any advice on solutions. Gargoyle is onto something. I'm wondering if it ever had down in it and I just never noticed since my wife always used it on the ground (this baffle is on the bottom). If they blow me off, I'll def cut it open and then we'll know!
    Another suggestion. If it's one of the baffles closer to the edge or one that folds under you why not just run a seam of stitching one either side maintaining the 5" baffle width. then carefully open up a 3" section at an end where it wont be seen, put some new down in there and either sew it or Tenacious tape it up? It's a 2" wide baffle for a 32°F rating, if it actually has an internal box baffle design it would be so slight/small anyway. Your using it in the hammock so that probably wont be noticed since the chambers scrunch up together more in a hammock. Less than an oz of down would fix your problem. Such a cheap solution, would be easy to do (like in an hour) and your would still have a nice bag. Ripping apart an expensive MH bag for such a minimal amount of down seems wasteful.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Now that we know a bit more of the history,suggesting that the chamber could have been empty all along without anyone noticing, I think Firesong's suggestion is pretty good.

You might try hanging it up in front of a bright light. Try vertically and horizontaly - if there is a damaged baffle you should see excessive down in one of the adjoining chambers. If all the chambers look @ equal (except for the empty one) then I would expect MH would be more than willing to take care of the issue. They skipped a chamber filling/ by accident- still it is a manufacturing issue and they should appreciate you bringing it to thier attention. They might even take care of USPS for you.

I did send it to MH and I got a email today saying "We wanted to let you know, that we are able to repair your item! Please allow 6-8 weeks for it to process. When the repair is complete, we will e-mail you a return tracking number."

No other detail that that but I'll take it. Thanks for all your help!

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by chicondaman View Post
    I did send it to MH and I got a email today saying "We wanted to let you know, that we are able to repair your item! Please allow 6-8 weeks for it to process. When the repair is complete, we will e-mail you a return tracking number."

No other detail that that but I'll take it. Thanks for all your help!
    Well how about that! That’s as good as it gets!
    kris

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12