Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I’m considering one - hammock related because it keeps the TQ cleaner and might add just enough warmth to stick with 40 degree gear a little longer. AND because I sometimes visit people who have dogs/cats and graciously offer me their couch to sleep on - yes, I’ve checked to see if there is anyplace I can hang outdoors. I have TerraVista Trails stored in my Vendors bookmark folder.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I’m considering one - hammock related because it keeps the TQ cleaner and might add just enough warmth to stick with 40 degree gear a little longer. AND because I sometimes visit people who have dogs/cats and graciously offer me their couch to sleep on - yes, I’ve checked to see if there is anyplace I can hang outdoors. I have TerraVista Trails stored in my Vendors bookmark folder.
    LOL, I bring my hammock during the warmer months when I visit my son and sleep outdoors instead of on their couch. They have outdoor cats and they leave you alone most of the time. However, when they let the dog out in the morning. I'm often woken up with a cold nose in my face when I'm sleeping in the hammock. :-)

- Clyde

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Super/Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Diamond Back
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I used a sleeping bag with a liner last year in a RR, it was a pain to use. Upgraded to a top quilt for 2021, kicked around the ideal of Warbonnet silk liner, appears to be more of a bag liner? I bought the quilt liner from Dutchware, I feel this may work pretty good, I’ll let you know.

Hammock
    REI Flash Air Hammock
    Tarp
    REI Flash Air
    Insulation
    ENO Vulcan
    I routinely use a sleeping bag liner. It gives me an extra layer to regulate my temp, and it's much easier to launder than my sleeping bag.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    Haven't used that one. But a liner bag of any kind just gets twisted and tangled and makes me mad.
    Same. I've attempted to use one several times and always with mediocre results. Regardless of what anyone else says, those things are definitely sentient and bunch their way down to my ankles by the end of the night.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    Custom WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Webbing Buckles
    I`d be more inclined to us an old sleeping bag liner and split it down one side, or put a split seam down the back and use it in the same way I`d use a TQ, so the underside is open and it has a footbox

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody Seth View Post
    Same. I've attempted to use one several times and always with mediocre results. Regardless of what anyone else says, those things are definitely sentient and bunch their way down to my ankles by the end of the night.
    Also tried it, but it took just one night to figure out it isn't for me. Takes the simple, elegant quilt concept and totally screws it up and adds more weight to boot. Not a hard call at all.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For me, if I get one, the issue will be entry style. I sent back an OR Bivi bag because the only entry was to slither down from the head end. Awkward enough on solid ground, let alone, that “from the top” style for a liner in a Hammock. But some have a side opening. That’s the style I settled on for the replacement Bivi. Much easier in/out. A side entry isn’t as protective, but it’s protective enough.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket
    It is easier to launder and adds a little bit more breathability in your bag, and if you're already comfortable with liners it's a helpful addition. However, if you haven't used a liner before and you're not a steady sleeper, they can be a real pain to deal with, especially if you're trying to adjust your TQ and you have to maneuver out of the liner partially to adjust it. I still don't understand why no one has made a TQ liner for this purpose.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12