WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles

Review: SeaToSummit Ultralight insulated mat

I've used my new SeaToSummit Ultralight pad a few times in my hammock in cold (freezing) conditions. It's 5cm thick and is insulated (R = 3.1) with 2 forms of insulation: 1) a heat reflective coat; 2) synthetic insulation. My pad is the Regular size and is mummy shaped. It's got a clever design where the stuff sack also contains a grey inflation bag (see photo). This inflation method is useful to reduce moisture build up inside the mat from breath. The mat weighs 480g (17oz) and is 183x55x5xcm - pretty light.

How does it work in practice? It inflates easily using the bag and is comfortable in the hammock. A key feature is how flexible it is because of its "air cell" design - see the photo where it bends over a pillow.
    20210217_120036.jpg
    I have a dual layer hammock that helps to hold the mat in place. It's not very wide at the foot end but with practice I'm getting better at positioning the mat exactly where my feet and legs are in the hammock. I've been warm all night with it and am impressed with the insulation. Deflating is easy. Getting it back into its bag is trickier when you don't have a clean, flat floor to roll it on! This is because it gets folded in 3 lengthwise (normal practice) before rolling. But I've managed to re-fold it or taken it back in a rolled but unfolded shape.

Finally, what I really like is its flexibility: the way it can cope with hammock or tent camping all year round in my local conditions.

So you said freezing temperatures, but did you have it down to 32 or do you know a specific temperature?

I wish they'd make a rectangular version of it.
    The other models that come in rectangular are much heavier...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've had mine down to 40 with a 40 deg TQ. Wouldn't want to go any lower. I was able to sleep but wasn't comfortable when awake, if you know what that is like. For me, 50 is the low- end comfort limit with this pad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

They do make a rectangular version. I just ordered one. Not sure if it's a new thing or not. I think it has to be a regular wide or large size to get the rectangle option. So if you meant just a regular size in a rectangle then you are right that isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekollma2 View Post
    They do make a rectangular version. I just ordered one. Not sure if it's a new thing or not. I think it has to be a regular wide or large size to get the rectangle option. So if you meant just a regular size in a rectangle then you are right that isn't available.
    You're sure we're talking about the same model?
    You have a link?
    Couldn't find anything on the sts page.
    They just come in x-small, small, regular and large btw. - and they're all mummy shaped from what I'm seeing.
    https://seatosummitusa.com/collectio...=7896105484316

• + New Posts