WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Which xlc to buy

Hey guys, Iam considering buying a wbbb xlc. At 230 lbs which model would be best for me? (Double layer light weight or heavy weight?). Also does the xlcconvert easily from left to right lay?). And one more question.......does the Wookie uq work for both left and right lays? Thanks for the help guys. ( I have a b day coming up and my wife pretty much gave me a green light for a newhammock!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Images
    Their site has reccomendations for weight ratings in the different fabric options. I'd answer you directly, but I don't recall what the suggested ratings are.

You reverse the lay direction for the hammock simply by zipping off the bugnet, flipping it over, and zipping it back on. Takes but a minute.

The Wooki though, cannot be reversed. You have to order it for your lay preference, and annoyingly it's a $25 upcharge for reverse lay which is head right, feet left.

It's my favorite modular, removable-bugnet hammock. I also have the winter top cover and the underquilt protector.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 02-26-2021 at 14:06.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Their site has reccomendations for weight ratings in the different fabric options. I'd answer you directly, but I don't recall what the suggested ratings are.

You reverse the lay direction for the hammock simply by zipping off the bugnet, flipping it over, and zipping it back on. Takes but a minute.

The Wooki though, cannot be reversed. You have to order it for your lay preference, and annoyingly it's a $25 upcharge for reverse lay which is head right, feet left.

It's my favorite modular, removable-bugnet hammock. I also have the winter top cover and the underquilt protector.
    Thanks for the info! One question....at home I sleep on my left side, so I. A hammock how does that translate? ( head left feet right?).
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Images
    That's probably a personal preference. I sleep on my back in a hammock. However, I could think of no better way to answer to your question than this.

PS > Since the lay of the hammock itself is reversible, maybe you should start there and figure out what's more comfortable for you, before committing to a Wooki.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thanks for the info! One question....at home I sleep on my left side, so I. A hammock how does that translate? ( head left feet right?).
    FWIW that’s how I sleep in bed and my XLC is head left / feet right.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Just something to think about as you decide...I can't fall asleep except laying on my right side. Then through the night, I can switch to my back or left side or back to the right side.

In a gathered end hammock, I sleep head left / feet right so that as I am laying on my right side as I fall asleep, my face is towards the center unoccupied space in the hammock. When I switch to my left side, my face is kind of jammed up against the fabric on the side of the hammock, but by then I've been asleep and tend to just live with it and fall back asleep.

If you are thinking you might sleep on your left side in a hammock, maybe you want the reverse lay so that your head is on the right side of the hammock and your face is towards the center unoccupied space. Conundrums we face when we set the Ridgerunner aside for a try at a GE!

Hammock
    WBBB / Chameleon
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    SLD TW / CRO UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    The max comfort range on the Heavy DL is 400 lbs. On the Light DL it's 275 lbs. I started with a HDL and loved it. It was firm and heavy duty.

Then, I started experimenting with different fabrics and picked up a light DL Chameleon close to the material in the XLC light DL. It was a bit more stretchy and a bit more comfortable.

I'm 200 lbs and 5'10". I had no thoughts that it was too light for my weight. Then, I got a Single Layer XLC in 40 Dreamtex. That's comfort rated at 275 lbs, also. Maybe a little more stretchy, but not much.

I'm really comfortable in that, too. For my every-night sleeping, I find myself in the Chameleon or the SL XLC. For rougher camping and harsh conditions, I find myself in one of the DL's.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    thanks for all the help guys!!!!!!!!!!

--unknown

• + New Posts