Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Sanctuary SilTarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Katabatic Q
    Suspension
    Python 10

Hi from TN/PA

I'm posting from the Appalachian foothills in Tennessee where I've spent several of the pandemic months a bit closer to trees and further from people. While my family roots are here, I live in Philadelphia most of the time and got my start hammocking along rocky sections of the AT from Bethel to The Pinnacle. Actually, I first camped in a hammock for three days in Culebra, but thought they were best suited to tropical climes. I used it once on a family road trip when too tired to drive further. The trees at Cracker Barrel were more comfortable than a car seat. But only in October did I go on a multi-day backpacking trip planning to hang.

Current set-up is an Eno Double Nest + equipment from my ground dwelling backpacking days. I added a Sanctuary SilTarp after getting caught out in an unexpected rain back in November. I think I now have the hammock camping bug: it is so much better for my aging back, requires less site planning, opens new places for a quick sleep, and is quick to set-up and break down. After a couple below freezing trips this winter, I've decided that an upgrade to insulation is due. But I feel that will be informed by future upgrades to the hammock itself. As a 6'3" 200lb guy the 9' Eno can be a bit small.

I've already learned a lot on here and Reddit. Looking forward to continuing to glean tips, tricks, and gear recommendations as I start this chapter of my camping life!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    My first hammock was an ENO Doublenest
    Then I got an 11x5
    Then I got a 12x6

Each larger size was a giant leap in comfort

Welcome from another who spends time in SE TN. Also a DN owner.You don't happen to be from around Philadelphia, TN do you?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome to the hammock quest but be prepared for the Learning Curve. Let it be fun. You can only be new at something once~~!
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Sanctuary SilTarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Katabatic Q
    Suspension
    Python 10
    Sorry for the confusion and mixing geographic categories! Blountville, TN and Philadelphia, PA. I've visited Knoxville quite a bit in my younger days and lived in Cookeville for a while. Haven't visited Philadelphia, TN but have seen the signs on I-75!

• + New Posts