Hammock
    Hennessy explorer deluxe

Hi from central Indiana

I've been a member of this forum for years, but haven't posted much and have been away from hammock camping (and camping in general) for what feels like a decade now. Having a family, job, busy life in general just kind of took my mind off getting out in the woods for a while.

But, now that the kids are older I've decided to try to get out more this year. I still sometimes tent camp with the kids, but my youngest son (10) thinks he'd like to try hammock camping sometime, so this year we will probably try a short hike-in and hang when it warms up.

I have a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe setup that I've had for every bit of 10 or 11 years. It's served me very well, but I'm looking to switch to a more traditional gathered end setup. The Hennessy is great for hot summer nights where not much insulation is needed, but I've never really liked trying to stay warm in it below 50 degrees. I'm looking at Arrowhead Equipment's starter kit, with the hammock, suspension, ridgeline, and underquilt all bundled together. I'm also looking at the used gear here to see if I can piece something together for myself this year. While I've had the Hennessy for so long and used it a ton, I feel like a noob with all the whoopie slings, super strong ropes and cords, underquits, quilts, etc.

Thankfully Shug's youtube channel is a wealth of info and I've been a subscriber for as long as I can remember. The Ultimate Hang book is also being very helpful in sorting out what I knew and what has changed.

So anyway, just wanted to say Hey from central Indiana again, and hope to see yall around the forum more often as I get back into the world of hammock camping.

Hammock
    WBBB,XLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Good to see fellow hoosier hammock campers, hopefully you can find your way to the hoosier national forest this spring, alot of awesome hanging down there.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome back! It’s great that you’ve got a little interested in joining you! They always make trips more interesting, even if it’s just a brief jaunt.

Charlotte

• + New Posts