Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok Draumr UL
    Tarp
    Skjold 10 UL
    Insulation
    Fjøl UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnicogen View Post
    I’m on my second hammock design, but feeling like the Draumr isn’t going to be my last as I’d like a lighter setup for longer distance backpacking.
    Curious how many hammocks most of you went through (and over how many years or trips) before you found the “right” one.
    And no jokes about the next hammock always being the “right” one...I don’t have enough money for that philosophy!
    Amok is in the process of announcing the new Draumr 5.0 lineup which will also feature an ultralight kit, it'll weigh less than 2/3 the weight of the XL kit (hammock, tarp and pad). If you really enjoy the Draumr design, this may be something to keep an eye on.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Quote Originally Posted by fjneeb View Post
    Amok is in the process of announcing the new Draumr 5.0 lineup which will also feature an ultralight kit, it'll weigh less than 2/3 the weight of the XL kit (hammock, tarp and pad). If you really enjoy the Draumr design, this may be something to keep an eye on.

I just saw the email on this. I’m very excited to see what they have. Also wondering if the UL design has impacted the pad noise, for worse or better.

I made over a dozen prototypes of gathered end hammocks almost 25 years ago, trying different lengths, widths, bugnet styles, entry systems, etc. Current cottage makers do everything so well now, and at great prices, so I stopped experimenting. However, I still haven't found a setup that is "just right", although they are all close and there are options that are not available from every vendor so it still leaves choices. 25 years in and I'm on hammock 8 or 10...I've lost count. It is doubly or triply hard now that there are the (welcomed!) additions of new styles of hammock like the Amok Draumr and Haven tent. I'm looking forward to trying them all and am trying to find out as much feedback as possible about all of them.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBonBon View Post
    I made over a dozen prototypes of gathered end hammocks almost 25 years ago, trying different lengths, widths, bugnet styles, entry systems, etc. Current cottage makers do everything so well now, and at great prices, so I stopped experimenting. However, I still haven't found a setup that is "just right", although they are all close and there are options that are not available from every vendor so it still leaves choices. 25 years in and I'm on hammock 8 or 10...I've lost count. It is doubly or triply hard now that there are the (welcomed!) additions of new styles of hammock like the Amok Draumr and Haven tent. I'm looking forward to trying them all and am trying to find out as much feedback as possible about all of them.
    Amok and haven are two entirely different rigs. Though both dependent on pads for structure.
    Chair mode in Amok is real nice.
    Haven is real easy to set-up on ground.

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Well....I have enjoyed them all but once in a while one becomes the first string hammock.
    Maybe 20. Maybe 25. Could be more. Never counted.
    Shug

Do you find you like one over the other depending on the season? Winter vs spring vs summer.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontknow View Post
    Do you find you like one over the other depending on the season? Winter vs spring vs summer.
    I use the Eldorado and Superior Gear insulated hammocks the most of late.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Coyote Pack - HMO
    Insulation
    Uglyquilt's
    I've only ever had one, and I absolutely love it. so, I guess it took one try!
    Manitoba, Canada
    First Ever Hang

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I tried my seventh or eighth today.

Just got a 30D single layer Ridge Runner to try out.

It was super easy to set up, loved the saddle bags, and really love the bug net being attached. It's not as comfy as my Town's End Big Boy bridge, but it's as lot lighter and will work backpacking.
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    It's not as comfy as my Town's End Big Boy bridge, but it's as lot lighter and will work backpacking.
    You can lighten the RR too for backpacking by replacing the stock Warbonnet spreader bars with some carbon fiber ones from Ruta Locura. He doesn't list them as a product on his webpage, but just email him and he'll get you set up. I have some and they are 5.3 ounces lighter than the WB ones.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    I guess since I have already purchased two new hammocks this year to go with the several I got last year and am currently waiting on delivery of two more I'm still looking and just might have a bit of a problem.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast