WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    DW Beetle-Buckles

Greylock 4 and High Sierra Sniveller Review

I recently received my JRB Greylock 4 and High Sierra Sniveller and had the chance to take them out this past weekend for their first outdoor hang.

I chose these quilts to make up my winter quilt set. I had noticed the Greylock 4 years ago in a Shug video and was impressed by the way it lofted up, so I kept it in mind for later purchase. The HSS was a choice based off of having the same rating as the Greylock 4 and being a JRB product I figured it would be a good match with the Greylock. Both quilts were in stock at JRB! In late January, no less...so this was a easy decision to make.

The stock dark olive color was a nice compliment to my Warbonnet Eldorado of similar color. This would be the hammock I would use for this first night out.

They fluffed up nicely after being compressed into stuff sacks. I was able to lay both sideways in the bottom of my ULA Ohm pack. I used a large and medium Warbonnet stuffsack for the HSS and Greylock, respectively.

The snaps on the HSS were strong and I didn’t pop any loose on the foot box during the night (I tend to move around a lot while sleeping) and the footbox was very accommodating for my feet and my inflatable REI seat pad that I was using as bottom insulation for the feet/lower legs.

The Greylock 4 was easy to adjust and I suffered no cold spots during the night. The quilt stayed at my shoulder well. I enjoy the cord locks that were installed at the corners to act as a secondary suspension to help with the accordion effect and kept the quilt nice and snug against me.

Slept very warm with this combo! Granted, I wasn’t near the zero-degree rating of these quilts but I am typically a cold-sleeper and I woke up fewer times during the night with this set. I blame the comfort of this set for oversleeping, and getting out of camp later than I wanted!

Very satisfied customer, and look forward to taking these down to their limits on many more winter hangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Glad to hear of the success, not unusual with JRB products!

I slept in a GL4 under my JRB James River bridge hammock last night, with an AHE 1.5 oz foot pad in my TQ's footbox. It only got down to 28F, with some breeze(no tarp, but most wind from the north east was blocked by the house with me hanging on the west side) so no real test. But I did have some mighty comfy sleep and cold spot free, head to foot. I have always felt this UQ is about as good as it gets, and on this hammock at least requires so little fiddle factor.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great Gear for sure. I own both and they have never let me down.
    Shug

Snow Hammock 17x13 by Sean Emery, on Flickr
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts