Hammock
    DIY 11.5 XL
    Tarp
    WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dyneema/MSH
    Wow! Sorry to hear about that failure RavenSmith. I have been pretty rough with mine and it has held up ok so far but now I know to be very careful and think more carefully about taking it on a long outing!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    I love the material! I purchased a single layer hammock from Dutch and shortened it to 10 feet so that I could get it to fit in my custom cuben airship sock from HNO. I just returned from a three-nighter in the Smokies and am very happy with how the hammock performed. I am 6' tall and 180 lbs and was able to dial it in. I found it to be very comfortable and light. Final weight with lash it ridgeline and Spider web 1.5 huggers, dyneema leads and hammock anchors is 5.5 oz!

This hammock is so light that I can afford to take my z-packs splash bivy along in case I need to go to ground.
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 XL
    Tarp
    WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dyneema/MSH
    Still loving mine as well. You just can't beat that weight savings!

Hammock
    Dutch Halfzip
    Tarp
    HG Standard
    Insulation
    Katabatic, EE, HG
    Suspension
    UHMWPE
    I purchased a half-zip in Cloud71. The fabric stretches more than Hex1.0, so much so compared to the zipper that sitting in it is uncomfortable. The fabric sags so much for my butt, so the zipper digs into my leg/knees. I'm 155lbs.

I have the same hammock in Hex1.0, and the difference is very noticeable. Something to consider if you are integrating the bugnet.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    I ordered 4 yards of this fabric and 3 yards of noseeum, hoping to DIY my lightest hammock yet...when I pulled the fabric out, I started questioning even my own judgment. My coworkers were unanimous in their doubts of it holding me up. My husband was more eloquent, stating that I was going to “fart and fall through.” I haven’t finished sewing on the bug netting yet, but so far so good. But I’ll definitely be keeping my fingernails clipped! It still might take extra time before I get in without cringing.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
    My husband was more eloquent, stating that I was going to “fart and fall through.”

That's pretty funny. I've had a netless since late January, slept on probably 2/3rds of the nights since. Still no sign of wear or tear (yikes) on the fabric and it has held its shape. I've become quite fond of the stretch and use it more than I thought I would.

I did somehow manage to inexplicably tear my go-to 1.6 a couple weeks ago so although I'm generally careful but not impervious to ruining a decent hammock on occasion.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    AmberG - to build courage, watch the Dutchware video where he loads a Cloud71 hammock up with 1000 lbs.

For me, it’s kind of like a “real” book vs an eBook. I’ve read both but there is just something about turning those paper pages that appeals. So with a solid hammock body fabric. In fairness, my very first hammock was a DollarStore nylon string net “bridge” hammock. So when I saw the Cloud71 fabric, it looked like a big step backward. But it is appeantly strong enough, even for farts, and seems to be the lightest thing going. For now.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    That video is the only thing that allowed me to get in . I’ve watched it 3 times! I really do like it so far, just going to be extra careful with it (it’s definitely got it’s own dedicated stuff sack). Unfortunately, I had the wrong zipper sliders, so I can’t finish sewing on the net until I get more in. I can’t wait to take it out into the woods!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    What do the kids say today, “… photos or it didn’t happen.”
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY Hammocks
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I recalled a forum member making a video about hammock length versus comfort. I found it way back in my YouTube history:

https://youtu.be/SuSOIWd1Gfw

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSmith View Post
    I am 6'2" so I like a hammock around 64" wide. My thinking (anyone with experience please chime in) is that with the cloud 71 only being 58 or so inches wide; having a longer hammock would mean I wouldn't have to lay on such a diagonal to get a the same flat lay???

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast