so, as noted in the other thread, you left me no choice but to figure out a spliced version too.

i made it so it is as easy as possible to do at the end of a long line (without access to the other end).

basically, you take a length of the same line (here i used same line but different color, for clarity), you fold it in half and make a few brummels, i find about 5 tend to be just about right so it's easy to operate, but not too big. this creates the sliding capture loop. with the remaining tails, you make brummels in each direction (towards the short end and towards the inaccessible end), and then bury the tails. keep in mind the brummels and bury towards the long end are the critical ones, as that's where the load will be typically. all that's left now is to put the short end of the main line (grey here) through the sliding capture loop, and make the stopper knot.

if using the estar stopper, and doing the burmmels and burries properly, this should retain as close to 100% of line strength as makes no difference (as the knot only takes half of the load, which iirc it has been tested to be capable of). an alternative would be to use a spliced loop with an overhand (like in the "quick softshackles", but a single strand version of that)

hope it helps someone, it has surely been fun figuring it out/designing it.

IMG_20210416_201212.jpg-small-uni-spliced.jpg IMG_20210416_201236.jpg-small-uni-spliced.jpg