Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Thus far I've mostly used no shockcord and my guyout lines were made from zingit. I've never been happy having my tarp sag as much as it always had, and not knowing how to attach the example number two in this tread I resorted to putting eight inch loops on my Warbonnet clouldburst a few months ago.

I'm sure glad that I installed those, *** when I took my nine month 60 pound puppy camping a few weeks ago, he ran right through the tarp guy-out line and snapped the shock-cord. No damage to the tarp - fortunately.

I think the loops are ugly and like the inline shock-cord better, so I'm about to try that option. As for making them, do any of you have suggestions in regards to dimensions and which knots to use? I'm in the process of switching all my tarp lines from zing-it and lash-it to Lawson's glow wire so this is a good time to try to optimize things. Great thread btw.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    Thus far I've mostly used no shockcord and my guyout lines were made from zingit. I've never been happy having my tarp sag as much as it always had, and not knowing how to attach the example number two in this tread I resorted to putting eight inch loops on my Warbonnet clouldburst a few months ago.

I'm sure glad that I installed those, *** when I took my nine month 60 pound puppy camping a few weeks ago, he ran right through the tarp guy-out line and snapped the shock-cord. No damage to the tarp - fortunately.

I think the loops are ugly and like the inline shock-cord better, so I'm about to try that option. As for making them, do any of you have suggestions in regards to dimensions and which knots to use? I'm in the process of switching all my tarp lines from zing-it and lash-it to Lawson's glow wire so this is a good time to try to optimize things. Great thread btw.
    I've always used a variation of this method.....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...arp-Tensioners
    Love 'em.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    I use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792WN5L4...roduct_details these for my tieouts. I use a 6 inch piece of shock cord looped through the tieout and tarp loop. Just takes a few seconds to thread the guyline through and tighten up. They have survived 40mph wind, so far.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234