The evo loop is just a CL with a big sturdy knot at one end and can be used essentially as a soft shackle closing up on itself. I like to use them this way at the other end of the suspension as a detachable loop at the end of my tree straps in lieu of dutch clips or biners. Dutch clips don't mate too well with spider1.5 (imho) and biners are heavy.

A few of my hammocks have some form of actual evo loop variants with real properly tied button knots (purchased from Myers Tech and Autumn Ultralight) with or without a spliced in beckett hitch loop. The evo loop is larksheaded through the hammock with the knot at the very end. The whoopie loop is attached by passing through the evo loop and passed back over the knot and snugged down tightly. Simple and bombproof and hasn't failed in a year.

The rest of my hammocks have what I'll call the "dirtbag CL evo-loop bootstrap mod for those who can't splice a button knot to save their life." Clunky name but I've got no plans for marketing. Quite simply, the system works fine (at least for me at just under 200 lbs) by tying a simple overhand knot in the non-bury (narrower) part of the CL about an inch from the end, cinch it down tight, set it by hanging for a few minutes off the entire loop and then it will work in the same way as the above properly tied evo or universal loop. Skeptical? I'd be, but It's working for me so far. Here is my Cloud 71 Dutch netless with the dirtbag loop installation on standard DW CLs three or four nights in.

IMG_20210205_213609162.jpg

I really like this system as a full-time hanger who frequently changes their hammocks out among several locations. It's like having a trailer hitch on all my hammocks. It is also nice out hiking when using a double-ended stuffsack and when I want to add my bottom entry bugnet after already hanging my hammock.

One of these days I'll figure out that **** button knot.