Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Suspension
    Whoopie

3/4 length UQ foot adjustment when solo

It's fairly easy to just reach up and check the head end seal while laying down but is there a technique to checking the foot end?

I'm generally solo and last time I got to the campsite after dark so I couldn't do my usual which is to take a video of me getting in and laying down and then review, adjust and repeat until it's right.

Has someone figured this one out?
    "The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know." - Michel Legrand

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I kinda just sit up in the hammock and adjust the foot end. It usually sits around behind my knees with a partial UQ so I can get it easily enough.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    I am also usually solo. I often just adjust so that the empty hammock is lifted a bit. I can't find recent pic right now with a gathered end, but here is a pic of an adjustment that always works with a bridge, and really I do it about the same with a gathered end:

Sometimes I take a weighted pack and lay it in the leg area so that it extends out past the bottom edge of the UQ. Then if it looks like I need to cinch something up a little bit, I do so.

Here is a different torso UQ on a gathered end, adjusted in a way- before getting in the hammock- that always seems to work:

It never seems to be a problem with these shorter UQs. I just keep my feet under any suspension shock cord, and make sure the quilt is snugged up pretty snug against the hammock before I get in, and it always seems to work for me. That is with a differential cut UQ. if your UQ does not have a dif cut, I am not so aggresive about tightening the UQ, I try to get it where it barely touches the hammock before I get in, to avoid crushing the loft too much.

• + New Posts