Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Looking at her quilt again I realized that I will have to retie the side channel cord locks on one end as they have them on different than the end I photographed. Still no problem to do.

Not my video. They ran a sale one time on UQs that were strung up wrong, and offered the video for the DIY types who were willing to fix it.
    I'll have to check out the HG site. I'm still learning my lingo and haven't fully figured out your description.
    Thanks.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I'll be happy to define them as they may not all be "industry standard".

- The side channels are the little tube of material that runs the length of the quilt on each side. They go from the head end to the foot end.
    - There is shock cord running through it (the stretchy cord) and attaching to their version of a line lock 3 which is attached to the quilt right next to the side channel.
    - The end channel runs side to side at each end of the quilt.
    - The end channel has shock cord running through it w/ a barrel type of line lock on both ends of the cord.

The part of the suspension that I modify is the shock cord running through the side channels.
    I make it much longer than what they have (replace it),
    I get rid of their extra line locks & thin cord,
    And change the line locks so that they are both attached like the one in this photo. So that the shock cord coming back from the mini carabiner, which hooks to the ridgeline, goes through it and is adjustable.

In the photo, if you take off the extra line lock w/ the thin cord, and make the shock cord maybe 3' - 4' longer, that is what all four corners look like when I'm done. If I had pulled on the knot that you see right at the line lock it would pull away from the line lock and make the shock cord loop w/ the biner on it shorter. That's the adjustment.

You will only need two carabiners, as the shock cord from both corners at the foot end go to the same carabiner, and the same at the head end.

Once we get back to base I'll get a real measurement on how long the shock cord really needs to be.
    Ask me anything else that doesn't make sense as I have time right now (visiting inlaws).

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123