Tarp
    Dutchware Winter
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpiderWeb/Whoopie

EE Revolt Suspension

Hello All,
    I was wondering if anyone has any tricks, tips, or suggestions on setting up the suspension on the EE Revolt. Unlike my other UQ, the suspension doesn’t go all the way to the edge of the quilt on one end. I’m assuming this is the foot end.

Currently I’ve got it attached to my CL with a 1 notch quilt hanger from dutchware and a ridgeline quilt hook from dutchware. It seems to be working ok, but is there a better method?

I like the quilt, I haven’t had a chance to use it in the wild, but I’ve taken many naps in the garage with it setup. I’m curious why they setup the suspension this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I have a few EE UQs but they're all from before the recent re-design. I'm a little perplexed about the way the new design works — thinking that the older ones work very well for me — but would be willing to give it a shot if I needed a new UQ.

HERE is a video that might help with your adjustment issues.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    ENO JungleNest/WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Ember 2/EE Convert
    Suspension
    Orange Whoopies
    I was a product tester for the Uprising Quilt, which is just the tapered version of the Revolt. It has the same suspension system as the new Revolt. One part of the suspension exits early on the foot end to allow the quilt to be snugged up on whichever side you place your feet, similar to a Knotty Mod in a hammock, by hooking it into your ridgeline. The quilt will ride a little higher on the side with your feet then, providing a little more support and lift to keep your feet inside your underquilt. The first couple minutes of this video sort of discusses and shows that. Best of luck getting everything all set.

https://youtu.be/zHNpteRWbXE
    Tree Rhino
    YouTube Channel-------------Website
    Twitter------Instagram------Facebook
    not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien
    an optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Dutchware Winter
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpiderWeb/Whoopie
    Thanks everyone, that helps a lot. It was usable earlier, just confusing. I had taken the hardware off of the quilt to use the Dutchware hangers but now I put one hook back on the right side for my feet. So we should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rhino View Post
    I was a product tester for the Uprising Quilt, which is just the tapered version of the Revolt. It has the same suspension system as the new Revolt. One part of the suspension exits early on the foot end to allow the quilt to be snugged up on whichever side you place your feet, similar to a Knotty Mod in a hammock, by hooking it into your ridgeline. The quilt will ride a little higher on the side with your feet then, providing a little more support and lift to keep your feet inside your underquilt. The first couple minutes of this video sort of discusses and shows that. Best of luck getting everything all set.

https://youtu.be/zHNpteRWbXE
    Here is the problem I see with this system; What if you are using a hammock with a bug net? You can’t hook the shock cord to the ridgeline without damaging the netting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Here is the problem I see with this system; What if you are using a hammock with a bug net? You can’t hook the shock cord to the ridgeline without damaging the netting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had the same thought when seeing that the first time but figured that perhaps a small loop of shock cord could join the two.

But seriously, I don't want to add any more 'moving parts' to the system so I'd have to actually use it and prove to myself that it offers a tangible benefit.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    DIY 1.2 Mtn
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    DIY 2x UQ soon TQ
    Suspension
    Woppie / Marlin
    Please note that I’m totally wet behind the ears but... I recently made an UQ (super warm with 17oz of 850 down) and was surprised how many cold spots I had.

Having looked at all the quilts on the market to get design ideas I thought I had the suspension figured out: wrong. So I rewatched some of Shug’s videos ( which helped) but I still had a rather large air gap under my calf’s. The end baffle was snugged up, the primary and secondary were both much tighter than I expected they needed to be and yet I still had the cold spot below my lower legs.

In the end, I added some more drings near the knee and strung a shock cord over the ridge line. Snug as a bug now when that line is cinched up.

Problems: it does add more line, mittens, and locks to get all tangled up etc. must be an easier way. Rhino’s excellent video suggests that there is more to the EE suspension than meets the eye. I’ll have to give it a try on the next project, a 30* UQ.

Not too worried about bug netting issues, at least not with this quilt. Could be a real issue when it’s warmer out though.

I’d be happy to hear about any BS I may have spewed: it’s easy to think you know it all when your clueless

Cheers
    Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    I had the same thought when seeing that the first time but figured that perhaps a small loop of shock cord could join the two.

But seriously, I don't want to add any more 'moving parts' to the system so I'd have to actually use it and prove to myself that it offers a tangible benefit.
    Everything you say is true, but I am intrigued by the idea of an early exit point on the primary. You’d need to clip it further up, say, a few inches up the hammock strap (maybe put on a prusik) and then clip the secondary in the normal position. This way, you could skew the direction of the quilt using a secondary that’s independent from the primary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• + New Posts