Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy Chain
    I neglected to note that I carefully read the WB website regarding the use of their UQ. They want you to use ( & buy) the Lynx, not the Yeti, which is what I have. In the real world, the Yeti easily fit the RR, did just what your UQ should do, did not come loose, worked perfectly. I understand they may have designed the Lynx to fit the bridge, but don’t fret the Yeti!
    " Can't not try". :thumbup

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Wife & I both have went to WBRR. We love them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ
    Glad to hear golfhiker! I just got my first RR yesterday. Can't wait to try it out in the field! I'm coming from a Lawson - which I've really enjoyed - and a Hennessy Explorer - which I haven't.

After an initial setup in the park yesterday afternoon, I am surprised how narrow it feels, so I'm wondering if I may have done something wrong, considering how everyone talks about how flat the RR is. I saw someone describe it as laying in a narrow trough, and that seems to match my experience with it yesterday pretty well. It's not uncomfortable, so a little tight. Is that a common experience?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    himynameisJoseph, you didn’t mention your size, but the RR won’t feel flat like a cot. And it will feel a lot different from a gathered end hammock. There is a head end a foot end so make sure you have those correct. Often what feels like side pressure when you first get in, or the first night or two, disappears after your body learns it can relax into it.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    himynameisJoseph, you didn’t mention your size, but the RR won’t feel flat like a cot. And it will feel a lot different from a gathered end hammock. There is a head end a foot end so make sure you have those correct. Often what feels like side pressure when you first get in, or the first night or two, disappears after your body learns it can relax into it.
    I'm not a big guy (5'10", 165), so I don't imagine my size has a whole heckuva lot to do with my initial experience with my RR. It's probably more just expectations I had based on what I'd seen and read about the RR, but maybe most of the people who are talking about how flat it is are comparing it to gathered ends, whereas I was more inclined to compare it to my Lawson, which feels VERY spacious and flat.

I think another surprising thing about the RR is how tight and thus hard or firm it feels under my weight. After all the rave reviews I have read about how comfortable it is, I would not have expected the fabric to feel so firm under me. Once again, this is based on limited usage at this point, but it has surprised me and somewhat thwarted my expectations initially.

Hammock
    WBRR, ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    AHE uq, AHE tq
    Suspension
    buckles
    I've just returned from my first wbrr camping trip. Slept quite comfortably on my side (with a real foam pillow). I'm using AHE's 20 degree UQ & TQ, as I prefer having synthetic for canoe & paddle outings. They're quite warm & comfy With a 13' superfly tarp the wind was kept on the outside. I may look for a shorter tarp for pleasant weather camp, sometime. Installed bridge buttons from frugal innovations, which protected tarp from pole tips. I'm cycling out now with just the wbrr for a relaxing hang at the lake.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12