Alright, so debated bumping some previous threads, but decided to start the thread you've probably seen many a time before so please bear with me. I've watched the shug videos, read a dozen+ threads, have tried what I think is every possible combination (including trying to put a down throw between the underquilt and hammock figuring it would loft into any air gaps) and still just can't get my underquilt to work for me. As mentioned in my introduction post, I got the HG Wanderlust kit which comes with their full length incubator 20* rated. As it currently stands, I wouldn't feel safe taking it backpacking below 50* which is a shame because the top quilt is plenty warm down as low as temperatures have gotten in my testing (27*).

So, in the first post, I'll ask some generic questions where the advice I've seen is either confusing or, at times, contradictory.

1) For a full length quilt, should the top of the quilt be above your head or at the shoulders. Bonus points if someone can tell me where my butt should be relative to the leg shelf.
2) Similarly, should you be lying at a diagonal on the quilt and, therefore, be clinching down the secondary suspension on the corners where your head and feet are.... or should you be biasing the quilt to lie as much on the same diagonal as you as possible which would require tightening the other secondary suspension.
3) Isn't there inherently an air gap created by geometry from your low point to the foot end side opposite where you have your feet? How does one get rid of that gap and the similar but much smaller one on the head end? No matter how well you fit the cinch ends or even seal the sides, these areas where the quilt isn't against the hammock fabric will create cold spots (cold air inside the hammock will cool down those air pockets).