SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket

Econ Burrow and Incubator 40

I've got nothing but good things to say.

I ordered these some time ago and got a shipping notification 2 days ago - quilts arrived today. Seems like the shipping issues from USPS have been resolved, perhaps they have caught up.

I wasn't sure how well the quilts would perform, they are fairly light weight-wise and the price is so reasonable. I got this set mainly for warmer weather use.

It was 36 today, so I thought why not - let's test them out! I'm happy to report that I setup, climbed in and was nothing but toasty. I took a 2 hour nap and woke up just as comfy as when I went to sleep. I don't know how low they will go, but considering that I was completely warm below their rating, I'm impressed. I got this set for more edge weather, but given that I don't really camp below mid 30s, these might be all I really need.

I didn't have any base layers - just shirt and pants. Ideal weather with sun and no significant wind, but very happy. I think it's safe to say that their equipment is conservatively rated. The TQ in particular impressed me - felt like I was wearing fire!

Great job HG! I'm completely happy and the products beat my expectations.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Great news, thanks for the report, makes me feel even more excited to receive my goodies from HG !!
    Hope they arrive before winter recedes.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I have a 20 degree econ burrow and love it. I got it from the in-stock page both long and wide. It was even in my favorite colors.

I would highly recommend HG and have repeatedly. The long and wide quilt make it much too easy to sleep late. I just pull it up over my head
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I have a 20 degree econ burrow and love it. I got it from the in-stock page both long and wide. It was even in my favorite colors.

I would highly recommend HG and have repeatedly. The long and wide quilt make it much too easy to sleep late. I just pull it up over my head
    I did not realize that they have a wide! Thanks for the info. I like a wide hammock and the standard UQ does work well for me but I do sleep more narrow than I lounge due to it being slightly more narrow than would be perfect.

Great to hear! I ordered an incubator 10* right on Christmas day. Hoping to use it early spring/late fall. My current UQ is a 20* multi-purpose one that can be used as a UQ. TQ or a sleeping bag and hoping I won't need to layer my 40* and 70* bags that I use as a TQ for the shoulder seasons like I have been. (That is on the colder trips use the HG as my UQ and the multipurpose quilt as my TQ and leave the other stuff at home. (Still bringing a liner or two for a little extra warmth, just in case.))

- Clyde

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    I've got nothing but good things to say.

I ordered these some time ago and got a shipping notification 2 days ago - quilts arrived today. Seems like the shipping issues from USPS have been resolved, perhaps they have caught up.

I wasn't sure how well the quilts would perform, they are fairly light weight-wise and the price is so reasonable. I got this set mainly for warmer weather use.

It was 36 today, so I thought why not - let's test them out! I'm happy to report that I setup, climbed in and was nothing but toasty. I took a 2 hour nap and woke up just as comfy as when I went to sleep. I don't know how low they will go, but considering that I was completely warm below their rating, I'm impressed. I got this set for more edge weather, but given that I don't really camp below mid 30s, these might be all I really need.

I didn't have any base layers - just shirt and pants. Ideal weather with sun and no significant wind, but very happy. I think it's safe to say that their equipment is conservatively rated. The TQ in particular impressed me - felt like I was wearing fire!

Great job HG! I'm completely happy and the products beat my expectations.
    Niiiice! We're so glad to hear that!
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Update here. I took another nap today in the backyard with 39 degree and gusty blustery wind. No tarp or shelter. I was comfortable for my nap and toasty warm.

I did have to adjust the UQ. I had not used the edge baffles before and, counter-intuitive to me, you need to have them outside the UQ poking out a bit. Once I did that, no wind got in and I was toasty warm.

I am a bit surprised actually. I mean, there was some serious wind at times enough to sway the hammock and trees I was attached to and my heat was not stolen to the point of having cold spots. Wind would come up and then go down, etc every 5-10 mins so I guess it was able to contain enough heat keep me comfortable.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    Update here. I took another nap today in the backyard with 39 degree and gusty blustery wind. No tarp or shelter. I was comfortable for my nap and toasty warm.

I did have to adjust the UQ. I had not used the edge baffles before and, counter-intuitive to me, you need to have them outside the UQ poking out a bit. Once I did that, no wind got in and I was toasty warm.

I am a bit surprised actually. I mean, there was some serious wind at times enough to sway the hammock and trees I was attached to and my heat was not stolen to the point of having cold spots. Wind would come up and then go down, etc every 5-10 mins so I guess it was able to contain enough heat keep me comfortable.
    That's awesome to hear! Wind can definitely rob quilts of warmth, so its best to have protection overnight Glad the nap went well!
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts