Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    Maybe it will be ok for you. But in my case, I felt pressure from the shockcord at the foot. I am 182 cm. If the quilt would be 180cm, I would fit nicely diagonal. But I did not.
    OK ok ok now I understand. Thank you for this information!! I will message them. Although if it goes from shoulders to almost my feet, maybe that is OK as I will use a pillow and/or foot pad. I'm guessing what you wanted was a full length quilt and this was too short!

When was it that you had this experience? Recently or a number of years ago?

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    year ago, but I know some persons with same issue. Higher persons.

I have the Selva 250, I bought it last summer. It's my first underquilt so I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm 1m80 tall and the UQ covers from my feet to just above my shoulders, I just need a pillow for neck and head. I have used it down to -1C with a slight breeze and been warm (I had my wife's 350 top quilt). So for me it is very nearly a full length UQ, perhaps a 7/8th length model. The "full length" models would be much too long for me.

Hope this helps
    Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-W View Post
    I have the Selva 250, I bought it last summer. It's my first underquilt so I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm 1m80 tall and the UQ covers from my feet to just above my shoulders, I just need a pillow for neck and head. I have used it down to -1C with a slight breeze and been warm (I had my wife's 350 top quilt). So for me it is very nearly a full length UQ, perhaps a 7/8th length model. The "full length" models would be much too long for me.

Hope this helps
    Many thanks!! I'm 185cm but the second problem is I'm in southern Europe and dont really want an uq that will be unusable in the summer months. Not sure whether to get a selva 150 and supplement with a pad when it's colder and just use that in summer, or whether to get the 250 and use lighter and lighter top coverings in the summer! What a conundrum. Maybe a thicker uq is a better one size fits all solution and just vent it plenty in summer.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I confess, I’m too lazy to do metric conversion this morning (a true American), but for many who are less than 2 meters tall, myself included, a ¾ length underquilt is nearly full length. So I can save the weight and cost by getting that over a full length UQ. Also, the fit is less of a problem. In my diagonal lie, my feet go UNDER the UQ’s shock-cord suspension so the quilt itself is not pushed away.

If you also get an under quilt protector (in USA see 2QZQ), that will allow you to use a less warm UQ and also make the UQ fit less critical. If it gets really warm, you may only need to use the UQP with your hammock. As ever, best to test out the comfort levels before you leave home.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

cougarmeat: 1m80 is 5'11", 1m85 would be 6'1"

Ed the Ted: the UK is probably 5C or more cooler than southern Europe during the summer. There's even a noticeable difference between somewhere like London and the north of England where I live and Scotland. I've not used my UQ in warmer weather yet so can't comment how well it vents.
    Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry - Viking proverb

Yeah you're right, in any case I went for the 300, just to have a similar weight to the 250 but with more coverage. It will be nice to just get in and not have to have separate pads and stuff for head n feet. Im hoping I can just hang it loosely and it will be ok in the summer... we'll have to see.

Hello! Have any of my fellow europeans heard anything about Khibu from Budapest? I too am looking for an underquilt without the massive shipping/tax/tolls from the US and google-stumbled on the Magma Underquilt yesterday. Custom work, decent weights and materials but I can't find any reviews.
    Anyone have any info? Thanks.

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    he makes very nice looking products ... uses 850 cuin down and pertex fabric

i dont have any experience, but I would not hesitate to buy from him

Never heard of them before your post, looks like nice stuff with many options!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12