Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*

Just got a hammock

Was fed up with hurt shoulders sleeping on the ground. Got the HG Wanderlust kit. First night in it last night, going to try taking it down to 30* tonight. Let's see how it goes.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    How were your shoulders this morning?

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    My right shoulder is a bit sore (better than both shoulders). Need to work on figuring out how to adjust an underquilt. The shoulder is sore entirely because I could only keep the underquilt warm in a single position where my right shoulder was being squeezed by the ridge in the middle of the hammock.

Edit: I also got up at 630 am and walked 18 holes of golf carrying my bag, so that didn't help either.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here are a bunch of my UQ tips and such....https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mBYSPGHjdyGqsL
    May give some insight.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Here are a bunch of my UQ tips and such....https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mBYSPGHjdyGqsL
    May give some insight.
    Shug
    Thanks, Shug. I've been watching a bunch of these the past couple of days along with spiguyver's HG underquilt video. After rewatching your HG video for the 5th time, I'm thinking the issue might be that I've been sleeping at too much of an angle. I haven't been able to get the cinch adjustment right because my hammock forms more of a W than a U at the head end when I'm laying in it.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post
    Thanks, Shug. I've been watching a bunch of these the past couple of days along with spiguyver's HG underquilt video. After rewatching your HG video for the 5th time, I'm thinking the issue might be that I've been sleeping at too much of an angle. I haven't been able to get the cinch adjustment right because my hammock forms more of a W than a U at the head end when I'm laying in it.
    Most new folks tend to over-cinch the end cinches (shoulder to shoulder/foot to foot.) Let them out a bit and reach back and feel for a gap. Get it to where it just forms a seal as you are laying in the hammock.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Most new folks tend to over-cinch the end cinches (shoulder to shoulder/foot to foot.) Let them out a bit and reach back and feel for a gap. Get it to where it just forms a seal as you are laying in the hammock.
    I appreciate the advice and worked on it again this afternoon.

Here's my head end after some adjustments to loosen it up. Looks about the same sleeping on my side too. Seems to seal better when I've got a pillow otherwise a gap forms between my head and shoulder (hammock fabric forms a little bit of a W shape), though with the looser cinch the gap is taken care of by the collar now whereas it wasn't the other night.
    20210124_135555.jpg

Here's the foot end. Loosening it up creates a huge gap, turning over to my side creates some gaps too. To be honest, my feet seem to come to too cramped of a spot and the hammock fabric angle seems steeper than I suspect is right, but it's where gravity takes my feet. My feet are also tight up against the corner of the underquilt (they're warm, but I can feel the breeze down the back of my legs). It was a toasty 50 degrees today, so it's hard to say whether or not this would be a problem. I wouldn't have needed a top quilt to be warm enough this afternoon, so it seems better.
    20210124_135645.jpg

• + New Posts