WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles

Hello Hammockforums from Devon, England

Thanks to everyone who posts on these forums - there's so much great info for people like me who are fairly new to hammocks. Plus it's good to feel part of a wider community. It's funny to see some of the youtube hammock gurus (like Shug) on this forum

How I got started... I bought a cheap chinese hammock a year or so ago, partly to lie out on my balcony - and partly to try camping with it. I liked the camping but it was too short for me so after some research I bought a WBBB. I learnt the hard way about shipping costs and import duties! But I love the hammock and find it so comfortable.

I've been camping out regularly and am carrying on now through the winter - I keep having to buy more gear to cope with the cold and humid nights.

My favourite hang so far was when I kayaked a tidal river and then hung out in woods on a steep bank and didn't have to use a tarp. The connection with nature was so fantastic I'm looking forward to doing more kayak trips and making them multiday.20200917_hammock-camp-kayak-river-dart.jpg[AIMG][/AIMG]20200917_river-dart-nr-sharpham-kayaking.jpg

On this forum I have been learning about through hiking and am envious of the enormous woods you have in USA. I'd like to try and do a local 10-ish day hike (long for me!) with my hammock and have been reading about having ground options (thanks Chop and Sweetpea) in case I can't hang.

To my surprise, I'm also thinking about making some of my own light weight gear (dyneema hex tarp, quilts) - although it'll be a long learning curve I will be keeping an eye out in the "for sale" section too - though I don't know if sellers would be prepared to ship items to me in the UK?

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum, Grindle....spent my teenage years in Devon, exploring woods, moors, & wriggly blue lines...enjoyed the woodsy pics.
    Last edited by ofuros; 01-23-2021 at 02:17.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome, and Sainsbury's sausage for all~~~! There is no sausage here in the USA that I can find that tasted like Sainsbury's. I've family in Wanstead and Liverpool.
    Enjoy your hammock quest.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Grindle....spent my teenage years in Devon, exploring woods, moors, & wriggly blue lines...enjoyed the woodsy pics.
    Thanks ofuros - I'm so lucky to live in Devon. Your locations must be amazing for hammocking

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Welcome, and Sainsbury's sausage for all~~~! There is no sausage here in the USA that I can find that tasted like Sainsbury's. I've family in Wanstead and Liverpool.
    Enjoy your hammock quest.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Ha ha! You're quite right about the sausages and Sainsburys is fab

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    winterdream 11ft
    Insulation
    HG stuff
    Suspension
    becket straps
    Good morning Grindle,Devon is a lovely place to live as well, although a bit crowded these days especially in summer, everybody wants to enjoy it welcome to all the info on here not sure if shug knows about cream teas in Devon he could add it to his list as well as sainsbury sausage and chocolate from uk

David

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 12’
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweb
    Welcome, I’m way over in the east. But do love the West Country.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by hangerdave View Post
    Good morning Grindle,Devon is a lovely place to live as well, although a bit crowded these days especially in summer, everybody wants to enjoy it welcome to all the info on here not sure if shug knows about cream teas in Devon he could add it to his list as well as sainsbury sausage and chocolate from uk

David
    Crikey - don't let on about the cream teas! ;-) It's good to hear from UK hammockers. Yes it got pretty busy last summer here, but at least the holiday makers were responsible (cough).

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Yeti View Post
    Welcome, I’m way over in the east. But do love the West Country.
    Hello! Norfolk is nice. Have you ever bought any used gear from this forum and had it shipped to Britain? I'm wondering if that option works in practice.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hangerdave View Post

David
    Oh yes, I do love an afternoon tea. Having a P&G Tips right now. But alas...no scone or clotted cream.
    When (and if) the pandemic ends I have Meg talked into going to England, Ireland and Scotland for tours of stately homes. I want to see Lord Montugue's car museum. Then a high tea everyday followed by pub grub or fish and chips at the Inn.
    Also want to journey to watch and take in the motorcycle road race on the Isle of Wight.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast