Hammock
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Superior Gear buck

Question on Hammock Stands

Not sure where to ask this question new to this forum site. Hope Im doing this right. I live in MN and when summer comes back (for those few days) I was thinking about getting a hammock stand just incase I couldn't get out and hike or kayak to go camping and hang, so I want to set up in my back yard. I have there not enough trees to hang a hammock on and set up a camp. So I got to thinking about just digging and put a couple round post into the ground and then I came across Shug youtube video and he mentioned that some state parks don't allow tents outside the tent pad. Wow I never thought of that Shug was showing the Tensa4 and I notice his video video was 2018 so just wondering if there is anything cheaper just as good now? at home I think I may go with the poles into the ground still that just seems like a better and cheaper way. any thoughts, opinions or advice for a newbie that just wants to get out there?

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    You can make a Tensa stand for around $30.00 with basic tools and materials from Lowes or Home depot.
    Here are some threads on the subject
    Initial Stand
    Improved packable stand build.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Though I don't have one, the Turtle Dog stand is pretty straight ahead.....https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...turledog+stand
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    DIY tensa. Cost me $45 in materials (I already had some Amsteel for the connections). This stand is super stable, easy to transport, and easy to put together. I followed Mike's build from this site. https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/make-yo...ahedron-stand/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Insulation
    EE TQ, HG UQ
    Define "super stable" please. I'm in the same boat: no trees, and getting into the wilderness can be a challenge. I'm tall, prefer the hammock a bit higher off the ground than some, and about 210 pounds. I just want to make sure whatever design I choose will not collapse under my weight.

I should add that my yard is all grass, so also concerned about the supports sinking into the grass.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Superior Gear buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    Define "super stable" please. I'm in the same boat: no trees, and getting into the wilderness can be a challenge. I'm tall, prefer the hammock a bit higher off the ground than some, and about 210 pounds. I just want to make sure whatever design I choose will not collapse under my weight.

I should add that my yard is all grass, so also concerned about the supports sinking into the grass.
    Here is one thing that I also found on youtube as well and thinking about https://youtu.be/G1tB0IvZnng

I am looking into some of these other ideas here too but I am kinda liking this one for around the house. the other one probably have for going to State Park where I can't hang in a tree.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here is another old good one. Portable. From Headchange4u right here on HF.....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...+hammock+stand
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Superior Gear buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Here is another old good one. Portable. From Headchange4u right here on HF.....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...+hammock+stand
    Shug
    Thank You Shug I think I like this a bit better no metal bar over my head this way. I keep looking myself too. I wonder how easy this will really break down to travel with. only one way to find out out, build it and see. Thanks again for the link. I've learned a lot from you and I keep on learning from ya.

• + New Posts