Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I replaced my CL's with a Meyer's Evo Loop bot off Ebay.It has a knot on the end of it to which I larked a little pull handle loop.Having that big honkin' knot on the Evo Loop which serves as the CL gives whatever strap you use something to grab onto and lets you easily see that you've got the Becket tied correctly.

HOWEVER-always remember to yank down hard on the strap to set the Becket lest the slippery strap you are using deposit you unceremoniously on your backside to the amusement of all your friends...........

FWIW,I have tried many types of strap and so far have settled on the blue ones that Meyers sells and have no idea what it's actual composition might be but it is lightweight and very effective so far.Dutch's poly spider black and white strap is my other favorite as is plain old fashioned black polyester;particularly with the Marlin Spike Hitch which is about as fool proof as it gets so long as you hang on knot and not on the toggle..............

Hammock
    Dutchware netless hammock
    Tarp
    UL rectangle tarp
    Insulation
    Cumulus+Warmpeace
    Suspension
    SpiderWeb+dogbones
    Sooo... again, thank you everybody for your replies! I've been messing around with all the possibilities and if I want to keep it simple and stick to things I already have I came to these options:

1. Modifying the Becket hitch by double-bending around the CL (should help the slippage) + adding a small pull loop to help untie the knot
    I really like this option as it's basically what I can start using right away without studying new knot. I wonder if the double bending really helps the slippage but we'll see after testing out. I added small simple loops to my CL and it really helps to untie the BH without troubles.

2. J-bend
    Upgrade to the possibility no.1, shouldn't slip

3. MSH + hardware
    I'd need to buy new hardware (but available here) and other problem I have is that I cannot seem to find the right height of the setup with this knot.

All the other options demand to do some bigger orders so for now I'll try to manage with these. I hope my topic and overview will help others
    Thank you, people, you are great!!

Thankyou.png

Hammock
    SLD 11'
    Tarp
    11' HG w/ doors
    Insulation
    DIY or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing/Beckett
    The double wrap beckett should not slip. It can be a pain to release. Having a way to pull the continuous loop towards the tree and out of the knot helps. Can get fany loops like the evo or modified evo loop but can also just add a loop of utility cord, paracord, zingit whatever as a handle.
    This helps release the regular beckett and any other similar knot.

Quote Originally Posted by IvcaKoudy View Post
    Sooo... again, thank you everybody for your replies! I've been messing around with all the possibilities and if I want to keep it simple and stick to things I already have I came to these options:

1. Modifying the Becket hitch by double-bending around the CL (should help the slippage) + adding a small pull loop to help untie the knot
    I really like this option as it's basically what I can start using right away without studying new knot. I wonder if the double bending really helps the slippage but we'll see after testing out. I added small simple loops to my CL and it really helps to untie the BH without troubles.

2. J-bend
    Upgrade to the possibility no.1, shouldn't slip

3. MSH + hardware
    I'd need to buy new hardware (but available here) and other problem I have is that I cannot seem to find the right height of the setup with this knot.

All the other options demand to do some bigger orders so for now I'll try to manage with these. I hope my topic and overview will help others
    Thank you, people, you are great!!

Thankyou.png
    you're very welcome: it's nice to see people not just asking questions, but also following up with feedback/summary of their own testing.

keep us posted, and let me know if i can help by sending you something you can play with or such.

Hammock
    Dutchware netless hammock
    Tarp
    UL rectangle tarp
    Insulation
    Cumulus+Warmpeace
    Suspension
    SpiderWeb+dogbones
    I want to be more active in the group but first I really need to get more experience with my setup. I was sure to have the perfect setup, ultralight and fast-pitching in the rain and unfortunately I learned I didn't have it the bad way I'm ordering new underquilt from Cumulus to upgrade to early-spring camping and as soon as I get it I'm going out to test the changes. Wish me good luck and again, thanks for the kindliness!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123