Question Help With Threading Thin Evazote Pad through DL Ridgerunner

I have a double-layer Ridgerunner bridge hammock and have been finding it difficult to thread one of the 1/8" Mountain Laurel Designs evazote pads in the tunnel/channel between the two layers. The 1/8" evazote pads are floppy and tend to want to roll up as you thread them (I keep the pad rolled up and attached to the outside of my backpack). Has anyone found a good solution or have suggestions for making this easier?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    You could use some duct tape to make a small pocket on the pad in the middle of one end. Then put a yard stick in the pocket and use it to push the pad into the RR. When you make the pocket, make sure you make the inside “sticky face to sticky face” so the yard stick won’t … stick … and you can easily pull it out.

Or, you can hold the pad and you or a friend drops the RR over you so you go in the DL with the pad. then pull an arm out, grab the outside to hold the pad and work your body out.

I have a RR but It is now in a SpinDrift sock so I don’t have access to the ends and I use a full length Lynx myself. So I don’t know if the DL opening is only at the foot end or both foot and head end. If it’s at both, it’s easy enough to extend your arms pushing the pad in one end, then going to the other end, reaching in, and pulling it the rest of the way in.

If you were using a partial UQ, you wouldn’t have to put the pad in very far. But if it’s your main - full length insulation I can imagine it’s a little fussynto getting it all the way in the RR, especially if it’s not very stiff.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Meteorharry, it’s possible to hypnotize your hammock! Now everything will be easy.

Here goes a Phantom guess

Reach your hand into opening between two layers, reaching all way to other end. If your hand does not reach other end, scrunch fabric up around your arm until your hand reaches other end, grabbing both of other end’s corners. Pull both those corners toward your opening. Then place pad into both corners. Clamp corners to pad, possibly using your extra arms or a friend can lend a hand. If no help, use chip clips or some kind of clamp to hold pad in corners. Pull hammock back into an unscrunched position. If pad is folded or wrinkled, pull it too.

Some hammocks have an opening on both sides at opposite ends. That would make things easier

Hope this works
    Don’t give up,
    But be stoic
    There are intractable problems

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I have found that getting my pad in is significantly easier if I flip the RR over just as if I was putting on the Lynx UQ. Not sure exactly why but every time I think to myself no this is silly, should work the same either way I have a hell of a time getting my pad into that right side up RR. I will also occasionally get the pad in about halfway and then go to the other end and pull it from there.

Thanks, I like the duct-tape pocket idea. Along the same lines, was thinking of maybe using some sort of lightweight plastic clamp/clip attached to guyline to pull it through the tunnel between the layers.

I have no problem pulling/pushing an inflatable through, it's just an issue with the floppy evazote pad. Will give it a try again with RR upside-down and see if it's any easier. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can't reach far enough from opposite side to pull pad through after pushing it as far as it will go from one side. Scrunching up the RR material and threading pad through prior to hanging/suspending RR might be worth a try. Might also be able to shake it down the channel using gravity if you hold up one end of RR prior to suspending it to tree. Otherwise, I'm likely going to try to use some sort of plastic clip/clamp and guyline to pull it through channel between layers.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Maybe roll it length-wise and push it through.......
    Or add pad before hanging RR.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Maybe roll it length-wise and push it through.......
    Shug
    That just might work! Thanks. Will give it a try.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Folded lengthwise makes it stiffer. Shug for the Win
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts