New to the forum from KS

Been an exclusive hammock camper for 5-6 years now.

My wife and I picked up the ENO kits back then for a trip to CO. I was hooked. We haven’t done as much camping in the last few years due to kiddos.

Haven’t really upgraded to much on the system since then either. In Sept I picked up a onetigris UQ off Amazon for a last minute out of state deer hunt weekend. Even with the cheaper 40 degree UQ it was so much nicer than the closed cell pad.

Now me and a buddy are in the planning stages of an elk hunt this fall. Hoping to first upgrade my tarp to one with doors. Then if funds allow after all the other elk hunting gear I will be upgrading the UQ. Will probably just use my 0 degree Kelty sleeping bag but move to a TQ someday.

We are planning to set up a Basecamp and hunt from there. Going to sleep like a baby!!

Been reading numerous posts on here the last few days and shocked to find so many more quality brands to research in my future purchases.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammocks Survivorman
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. I see you're from El Dorado. I live in KC and have family down that way. We camp every year at our pond north of El Dorado.

Where are you planning your Elk hunt?

I recently purchased some tarp doors from Superior Gear but they haven't arrived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by doowahderek View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I see you're from El Dorado. I live in KC and have family down that way. We camp every year at our pond north of El Dorado.

Where are you planning your Elk hunt?

I recently purchased some tarp doors from Superior Gear but they haven't arrived yet.
    Thanks for the welcome. Yep in El Dorado. Grew up outside of Springfield, MO and my brother lives up in KC.

We will probably end up in Colorado but hoping for a fluke New Mexico draw.

I will look into those!

• + New Posts