WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps

Wooki color?

I want to get a Wooki XL underquilt for my BB XLC. It is a second generation XLC with the single zipper removable bugnet in the original dark green/olive green color. The color pallets on the website are so small I can't decide with color would be the the best match either olive green or dark foliage. I also want to use the Wooki with my multicam/dark olive chameleon. Which color do you all think would look best to compliment both hammocks?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    My only thoughts are to consider picking a Wooki color that contrasts with your hammock. If they are the same color (or close), it's easy to sit in the Wooki as opposed to the hammock. Splat! Ask me how I know? Ask me twice. (sometimes I'm not a quick learner)
    The game is the best teacher.

Senior Member Rusty Shackelford's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Wooki, DB
    Suspension
    UCR, Dynaweave
    The Foliage Green is quite a bit darker and more of a greyish green where the Olive is a brighter green if that helps. I have a SL Olive and a DL Foliage Green XLC and I use a Brown Wooki for them and it looks good to me, I like the contrasting colors. It's also a good way to help ensure that you don't accidentally miss your hammock and sit in your UQ .

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    My only thoughts are to consider picking a Wooki color that contrasts with your hammock. If they are the same color (or close), it's easy to sit in the Wooki as opposed to the hammock. Splat! Ask me how I know? Ask me twice. (sometimes I'm not a quick learner)
    Good point, btw, been there done that on the splat.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford View Post
    The Foliage Green is quite a bit darker and more of a greyish green where the Olive is a brighter green if that helps. I have a SL Olive and a DL Foliage Green XLC and I use a Brown Wooki for them and it looks good to me, I like the contrasting colors. It's also a good way to help ensure that you don't accidentally miss your hammock and sit in your UQ .
    From what I can tell the foliage green is darker than my XLC and the olive green looks like it is lighter and more greenish than the XLC. I'm leaning toward the foliage green since it looks like a closer match to the dark olive on my chameleon. Of course I could always go with the copper brown.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    LLG,WB
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I just picked up a diamondback TQ in foliage green. It is much darker than I expected. It is almost more of a charcoal color with just a hint of green to it. I am not complaining, it was an in-stock 0 degree TQ and beggars can’t be choosers. I actually like it a lot. Not positive, but I think the wooki on the right is the standard olive green. Hope that helps some.

IMG_0382.jpg

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    What you see as their "outside" fabric /insulation/ is olive green. The inside fabric and hammock is dark foliage.

http://hammock.infrastellar.net/2020...580_large.html

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    What you see as their "outside" fabric /insulation/ is olive green. The inside fabric and hammock is dark foliage.

http://hammock.infrastellar.net/2020...580_large.html
    Thanks so much for the photos. It makes so easy to see the color differences. I've decided to go with the dark foliage. It is so dark that it is a good contrast with the XLC color and I think it will look good on the multicam Chameleon also.

Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    Hm... I should consider this. I was gonna get the same blue color as my xlc :P

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I just got ( about 3 weeks ago ) a Winter Camo Wooki. Wanted to have the inner color in blaze orange but due to the way they are built it was too much so I opted for total winter camo. Got to use it last weekend and while at first I was not sure I liked the way it fit compared to traditional UQ's, I found that it did the job and kept me warm. I always try and make sure all my UQ's and TQ's are different colors from each other so every thing contrasts, making it easier to tell which is what. When I first started hanging I got two UQ's and TQ's ( set for me and wife ), all in the same camo pattern. I packed to join some friends on an over night in the woods. Hiked into the campsite, set up my rig only to find out I packed two TQ's. I had a DL hammock so I slipped one of the TQ's in-between the two hammock layers. I was cool that night but survived. After that, everything I order has different color combinations.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts