New Guy in Tennessee

Hey, been a member for awhile now but I actually just sent payment for a like-new Hennessy today. Funny enough, I got a birthday email from this forum and so decided to come say hi and do some reading. I've never actually hammock camped before or done much with one.

I've actually been on the market for a hot tent setup but I found a good deal on this hammock. It's the big Explorer one with a zipper. Comes with a hex fly, their 4 season insulation, whoopie slings, and snake skins. Not sure what else I might need. Maybe one of those Tensa stands someday but they're kinda pricy. I intend to use it camping off my motorcycle.

Anyhow I've still got a lot to learn. I know I probably could've researched more but surely this will be okay. Any input is appreciated.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I started with a Hennessy Explorer Delux with Hex fly because I could get the complete unit. They are good tough hammocks. Heavy for hikers but I only motorcycle camp. I'm also from TN. May I suggest Natchez State park. On I 40.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    I started with a Hennessy Explorer Delux with Hex fly because I could get the complete unit. They are good tough hammocks. Heavy for hikers but I only motorcycle camp. I'm also from TN. May I suggest Natchez State park. On I 40.
    Hey thanks for the input on the Hennessy. I've been wanting to do Natchez Trace while I still have street tires and gearing on the bike. Maybe I can do that this year. What do you ride?

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Mostly BMW's but have Harleys & a Ural with sidecar.

Hello from the Georgia coast. I lived in Turtletown but went fishing one day and didn't come home. We still spend summers there, but that I have an allergy to that white stuff. Lots of great camping in the Cherokee Forest.

Mostly BMW's but have Harleys & a Ural with sidecar.
    Oh I'd love a Ural. Not a huge Harley guy but I wouldn't be opposed to having one at all. I had an R75/5 for awhile and let it go like a fool. I feel sick when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    Hello from the Georgia coast. I lived in Turtletown but went fishing one day and didn't come home. We still spend summers there, but that I have an allergy to that white stuff. Lots of great camping in the Cherokee Forest.
    Oh man it's real pretty there around Turtletown. We've had snow all day here but none sticking yet. Ground's too warm I guess.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    The BMWs I have now are a 72 R75/5 Toaster, 73 R 75/5 big tank with 74 R90 engine in it, 75 R75/6, 80 R100RT, 82 R65, 88 K75S, 97 R1100RS, 99 1100GS, 04 R1150R.

The Harleys are 67 250 Sprint, 72 1200 FLH Electraglide, 85 1000 Sporster.

The others 69 1000 Suzuki GS, 94 600 Honda Shadow, 94 Kawasaki Voyager, 04 Ural Troyka & one more I can't remember.

I love the old stuff.

The BMWs I have now are a 72 R75/5 Toaster, 73 R 75/5 big tank with 74 R90 engine in it, 75 R75/6, 80 R100RT, 82 R65, 88 K75S, 97 R1100RS, 99 1100GS, 04 R1150R.

The Harleys are 67 250 Sprint, 72 1200 FLH Electraglide, 85 1000 Sporster.

The others 69 1000 Suzuki GS, 94 600 Honda Shadow, 94 Kawasaki Voyager, 04 Ural Troyka & one more I can't remember.

I love the old stuff.
    That's quite the collection. A Sprint would be pretty neat to have. All those airheads sound great.

At the moment I just have a TW200. My old /5 had this Avon fairing that I reckon is pretty rare. Wixom luggage as well. Did I mention I really regret letting it go?

Looked like something Batman should be riding.

And here's the TW outfit. Gonna get it back to dirt gearing and tires at some point. I've got a good set of soft bags to go on for offroad stuff as well.

• + New Posts