Quote Originally Posted by SteelPlayer View Post
I need some input before I start my trial and error process.
That's the best part of hammocking.
I purchased a 2020 Promaster City Van to build out as an Urban Stealth camper. The interior is small but I want to hang a hammock rather than build out a bed. I have measured 113" from a point on the passenger side diagonally to a point in the rear. That's NOT going to fit an 11' hammock. But I think it will fit a 10'. IF the average ridgeline is 108" for a 10' hammock this will give me about 2.5"- 3.0" on either end for suspension.

I'm not going to pay any attention to the haters, 'cuz I've been one of 'em...but ENO's are great for this exact hangin'.

ENO in EV.jpg
Their Single & DoubleNest's are 9'6" long.
This set-up, I just performed with 2.2mm Lash-It soft shackles. Shackled to the shelf strut from the passenger side to the cargo door on the driver's side.

According to the Hansen Hang Calculator I'll need to place the anchor points at 50". That's doable for a comfortable sit height and keeping the UQ off the floor.

I didn't hangle it, so both ends were identical height. If you're stealth camping, IN a vehicle...who needs an underquilt?! Keep the doors shut.
So to get the proper lie in the hammock I'm thinking I'm going to need to go without a ridgeline and calculate a straight hang without. To maximize the available length I'm thinking a sort of soft shackle in place of a CL on the gathered end. Then attach to an eyebolt in the van at the anchor points. The soft shackles would stay on the CL's permanently. I know a regular biner won't work and I don't think a small Dutch Biner is going to work but it might.

This is exactly what I have done as well. I removed the ENO-biners, replaced them with soft shackles to their respective gathered end cordage. Fits nicely.
I may need to experiment with the length of the hammock as well. I have enough material to make maybe 2 hammocks right now and buying more wouldn't be an issue. If I need to go shorter than 10' could I go wider and still get a good lie in the hammock?

the ENO's Doublenest is wide. but I get a great diagonal lay thanks to the "surplus" of fabric.
Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome. Does anyone have some better ideas?