Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    SeaToSummit Ultra
    Suspension
    webbing + buckles
    That's a great looking quilt. I'm just tiptoeing closer to thinking of making my own one - so seeing your end result and reading your discussion helps

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridgecreek XL
    Suspension
    Myers Tech
    Wow! Well done. That seems like too much for me to attempt, but yours came out looking great!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This looks awesome. I went the baffled pillow route myself because as much as read, I just couldn’t get the idea of the footbox construction. Seeing yours, I might try the horizontal baffles next. Mine run the length of the TQ and the down keeps shifting downhill

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    I ordered 18oz of 900FP from them, and I think I had around 11oz left after making my 3/4 length UQ. The calculators were telling me I needed 12oz, so I took the last ounce from a down comforter that I’d estimate between 500-700FP. So, it might not be a TRUE 20* quilt, but it’s kept me warm in the mid-upper 20’s with the UQ.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    The foot box construction definitely baffled me, as well (no pun intended). I had really wanted a fully integrated foot box, but I couldn’t quite figure it out, no matter how much I read. It finally DID end up clicking in my head, but by then it would’ve been hard to incorporate. Truthfully, I haven’t noticed cold spots with a sewn through foot box, and it’s definitely way warmer than a cinched end, so it all worked out. I’m trying to attach a zippered bug net to my hammock now, and that’s absolutely giving me fits!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have wanted to try sewing a zippered bug net as well but as much as I have read, it just looks like way too much work. I know MikekiM on here as posted some great pictures on here but I can’t seem to find that post

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Yes, several people have posted about the build process of these gorgeous hammocks they’ve created. I’ve spent hours and hours looking at them and feeling jealous. Lol. I’m sewing the net to the hammock on one side and a full length zipper on the other, but I’m not adding end caps/zipper covers, and it’s the ends that are giving me a headache. I *know* how I’m supposed to do it, but when I’ve got my hands on it, it doesn’t seem so simple anymore! Hopefully I’ll get it finished today.

Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    I've done a few stuff sacks and now a hammock, I have this idea of one day making a quilt as nice as yours came out. Congratulations 😊

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Thank you, packman! Seriously, my sewing machine is less than a year old. I made a stuff sack or two, a hammock, and then I made a down UQ. I’m glad I made the rectangular UQ BEFORE I tried something like this. Even still, this was my 2nd TQ after I botched the first one. I might try to turn the first shell into a summer quilt or something. Lessons learned? Take your time, sew straight, and always follow your seam allowances!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12