Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcameron2479 View Post
    Thank you all for your comments they have been very helpful. I have decided against the Amok. I just felt like I didn’t want go with something so unique. Just wanted a bit more flexibility in the future. So I have been looking at warbonnet, Dutch, and dream. I think I have settled on the Dutchware Chameleon. When I factor in flexibility, cost, and customer service I feel like Dutch is the best choice for me.
    You really can't go wrong with any of those brands. If you have any questions at all about sizing or options or suspension or anything, I highly recommend contacting Dutch. Wonderful customer service & great wealth of knowledge. Really helped me with the learning curve on my first setup.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped SL Hex 1.6
    Tarp
    Rain Fly Evolution
    Insulation
    HG 30 Phx 40 Brw
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by drtolo View Post
    You really can't go wrong with any of those brands. If you have any questions at all about sizing or options or suspension or anything, I highly recommend contacting Dutch. Wonderful customer service & great wealth of knowledge. Really helped me with the learning curve on my first setup.
    That’s a big reason I am leaning toward Dutch. The Warbonnet website just isn’t as customizable so it really came down to Dutch and Dream. I have just seen so many people comment about how responsive and helpful Dutch is and the Chameleon was pricing out about $20-$30 less than the Darien when got into the building of what I wanted. So Dutch edged out Dream just a little bit. Any recommendations for tarps? I am a couple weekends a year warrior at the moment so I would for sure like to hear about some less costly options for tarps that people may have come across.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I've been using a Onewind silnylon 12' for about 6 months through some pretty heavy winds and even had the edge of a hurricane go over us.
    It has held up well and no leaks.
    Of course it is silnylon and has some cons because of that, but for $80 w/ everything included it was hard to beat.

https://www.onewindoutdoors.com/collections/tarp

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped SL Hex 1.6
    Tarp
    Rain Fly Evolution
    Insulation
    HG 30 Phx 40 Brw
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I appreciate all the advise on the the hammock. I finally made a decision and it arrived today. Hoping to a little time this weekend to get it up between a couple trees for a little while.C4603549-63A9-450A-9C55-54EDBEA4DF87.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123