SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket

Back Therapy

Pulled something in my back yesterday doing things that I should know better than to try. Been using a heating pad.

Today, I had an idea. I put a heated blanket between my indoor hammock and under quilt, turned it on high, and got in.

WOW! Best back heating I’ve ever experienced. If you have occasional back trouble or sore muscles, give it a try.

If I could only use this when backcountry backpacking! Someday I suppose.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Beetle
    I have thought about doing this a couple of times. I have been concerned with the UQ fabrics melting. How did the UQ fabric hold up running the heating pad on full?

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstryker View Post
    I have thought about doing this a couple of times. I have been concerned with the UQ fabrics melting. How did the UQ fabric hold up running the heating pad on full?
    Seems fine, I didn’t notice any effect. I have my first cheap UQ that I use indoors. It’s well designed, but only has a rating of 50 or so. I think I paid $65 for it. It’s been a great quilt at that price. I think my heater goes up to 140 or so.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Even without a heater (just a down UQ), a session in the hammock - nap or overnight - eases a lot of back muscle aches and pains. Everything is supported pretty much everywhere so the affected areas can relax, stretch, and recover. A heating pad is like "icy hot" on the cake, I'd imagine.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    Even without a heater (just a down UQ), a session in the hammock - nap or overnight - eases a lot of back muscle aches and pains. Everything is supported pretty much everywhere so the affected areas can relax, stretch, and recover. A heating pad is like "icy hot" on the cake, I'd imagine.
    So true!

I almost cancelled my first 5 day solo hammock camping trip due to back pain. So glad that I didn’t because by day 2 I felt like a million $ and came to realize that, at least for me, hammocks do wonders for the spine, neck, and back.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I've been Suffering with back pain for over 25 years now.I had an over nighter last week that involved a visit from Father Time reminding me that I am no longer young,however,when that happens I do a pretty good stretch by placing the soles of both feet together in what I term "The Lotus Bullfrog" and it helps considerably.Fortunately I was able to make it back to the car and get home but I have been nursing a sore back for a week now with heating pad,freezer pack,and applications of Wong to Yick but I am still not out of the woods yet.....Sleeping in a hammock always helps my condition though.

After 4 back surgeries,I can no longer sleep in a bed for more than a couple hours.I do find I can lay in a hammock for a few hours longer,but I have never managed lasting all night in one. I end up getting my best rest on the floor or the ground,no pad just a ground cloth if outdoors.I envy those who can last in a hammock, I just can’t get lasting relief from the back pain.

I've had a bad back for 25 years, and had surgery 2 years ago. Sleeping in a hammock does wonders for my back. I have one rigged up in the basement and sleep in it at least once a week.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    Superior Gear buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    Pulled something in my back yesterday doing things that I should know better than to try. Been using a heating pad.

Today, I had an idea. I put a heated blanket between my indoor hammock and under quilt, turned it on high, and got in.

WOW! Best back heating I’ve ever experienced. If you have occasional back trouble or sore muscles, give it a try.

If I could only use this when backcountry backpacking! Someday I suppose.
    I like this idea 1st I just amazed and never thought of hanging my hammock inside. That alone in my eye is a good idea. I can image it would take the stress off your back a lot more then a bed would.

Sounds like we've got a lot of back issues on this forum!

I cannot say enough good things about my UTK heating pad. It goes up to almost 160degrees, & is safe to sleep on. One time I pulled my back deadlifting & it was so bad I literally couldn't move for 3 days. I next day'd one on a friends advice, & was up & about within an hour of lying on it. More expensive than your drugstore models, but IMO, worth it if you've felt the kind of pain I'm talking about.

I know this is extremely off topic, but also works wonders for lady cramps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast