Shug- I totally didn't realize that the quilt is supposed to be at the shoulders and not under my head, will have to see if that makes a difference next time I get a chance to setup. The left side in those pics is the foot end so I think I had it ~ 1 foot higher than the head end, but it was hard to estimate on a slope haha.

Bob- I'm totally not giving up. Already enjoyed the heck out of sleeping in my Eno hammock with a cheap Amazon tarp, inflatable pad and Kelty sleeping bag. So I'm absolutely thrilled with my Chameleon and Thunderfly upgrades and warming up to the quilts after the initial uncertainty. On that note I've decided to stick with them- they're fine for a beginner like me and suits my current needs for 3-season camping. Even if I needed to go colder than they allow, I have plenty of cheap ideas for extra insulation.

And brutalguyracing... I'd hang back there every night if I could! Unfortunately that's at my parents house about 800 miles away, and my backyard has a total of zero trees. Soo next I'm trying to figure out how to make one of those turtledog stands!