Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    I retro fit them on all of my tarps...

Removed all of the d-rings and sewed on the lineloc 5s. That's extreme and you might not want to do that so..

... You can buy lineloc 3 hook and clip it on the d-ring. The 3's don't hold well with the smaller cord like the 1.2 ZLine or Dutch Wire so you can easily put a little notch in the V that bites the line, using a utility knife.. Just enough to let the narrow cord to lock in, then use a slipped half hitch to back it up. I do this on my Palace since I haven't sewn the micro's on yet.

I can mod a few of them for you if you'd like...
    i should have been clearer, i have lineloc V's here, i can not sew
    am looking for the best way to tie them onto the d rings
    if all is well i might eventually cut the d rings off

Senior Member Rusty Shackelford's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Wooki, DB
    Suspension
    UCR, Dynaweave
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterQuill790 View Post
    I have been using warbonnet's line and am really happy with it with the lineloc 3s. We have some pretty nasty winds here in Wyoming (regularly above 70 mph), and I can tell you that my s-biner's bent before my lines loosened.

With that said, I needed to order some materials from Dutch, so I went ahead and threw in one of his lash-it continuous ridge lines as I have been wanting to try it out.
    If you would like, I can post my thoughts on it after receiving it.
    I am kind of curious to know how similar the Warbonnet line is to Lash-It, I was hoping the Lash it would be a little bit darker color but I am happy with it. For right now I have settled on Lash-it for my split ridgeline and Reflect-It for guylines for now.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I used to use Zing-It, but have switched to Lawson Glowire and absolutely love it.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
    i should have been clearer, i have lineloc V's here, i can not sew
    am looking for the best way to tie them onto the d rings
    if all is well i might eventually cut the d rings off
    You might not want to cut off the D rings just yet, in case you decide to go no-hardware in the future.

In the meantime, however, you can attach the lineloc V using a small loop of cord that is attached to the hardware with a prusik-type wrap, with the end of the loop larksheaded to the D ring.

Photo here with a different kind of hardware, but it illustrates the concept... plastic hardware prusik.jpg
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    You might not want to cut off the D rings just yet, in case you decide to go no-hardware in the future.

In the meantime, however, you can attach the lineloc V using a small loop of cord that is attached to the hardware with a prusik-type wrap, with the end of the loop larksheaded to the D ring.

Photo here with a different kind of hardware, but it illustrates the concept... plastic hardware prusik.jpg
    Just what I needed
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    So loving the line lock v's
    I like how the. Cordage stays with the tarp
    But I used them last night in the snow, by tying mooring hitch to sticks
    That worked great, but I could see it being a problem in windy conditions as the sticks would not have time to set up.
    Anyone have any work around for this besides removing the line from line locks?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    So loving the line lock v's
    I like how the. Cordage stays with the tarp
    But I used them last night in the snow, by tying mooring hitch to sticks
    That worked great, but I could see it being a problem in windy conditions as the sticks would not have time to set up.
    Anyone have any work around for this besides removing the line from line locks?

Windy setup is harder, for sure! The key there is to prep the area before starting. Figure out the general area where you'll be pitching your hammock and tarp and walk over the whole area a few times with your snowshoes to flatten and compact the snow, then give it some time to consolidate. Depending on snow conditions, you might have to wait 15 minutes or 45 minutes or more. Heavy, wetter snow hardens quickly and very fluffy dry snow takes longer. Some of the re-melted "corn" snow can really take a long time to harden. You can also test the snow by digging down a bit, where you'll often find an older layer that is already very firm or hard, so you might not have to wait at all!

The key is to scratch out the channel for the deadman stick at an angle that is perpendicular to the direction of pull, making it about 6" deep or so. Then bury the whole thing and compress it down again with snowshoes and give it more time to consolidate.

In the right conditions and with proper setup, hurricane force winds cannot dislodge deadman stakes!
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Windy setup is harder, for sure! The key there is to prep the area before starting. Figure out the general area where you'll be pitching your hammock and tarp and walk over the whole area a few times with your snowshoes to flatten and compact the snow, then give it some time to consolidate. Depending on snow conditions, you might have to wait 15 minutes or 45 minutes or more. Heavy, wetter snow hardens quickly and very fluffy dry snow takes longer. Some of the re-melted "corn" snow can really take a long time to harden. You can also test the snow by digging down a bit, where you'll often find an older layer that is already very firm or hard, so you might not have to wait at all!

The key is to scratch out the channel for the deadman stick at an angle that is perpendicular to the direction of pull, making it about 6" deep or so. Then bury the whole thing and compress it down again with snowshoes and give it more time to consolidate.

In the right conditions and with proper setup, hurricane force winds cannot dislodge deadman stakes!
    Thanks for a the help as usual
    I recently switched to to 1.3 micro cors with line loc v's
    So the cordage stays attached to the tarp.
    I like the system, but it was windy Saturday when I was setting up and by tying a mooring hitch to a stick, the tarp had to be "deployed" out of the skins
    The snow was ideal and I didn't have a problem
    , but if it was windier I could see an issue setting up this way

Edit: oh I get what your saying pack it and dig the trench before deploying the tarp
    Got it.....

Last edited by brutalguyracing; 02-22-2021 at 17:18.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    You have to be careful around those trees because of “tree wells”. And because you are sinking/compressing the snow a bit, the snow between the trees will be higher until you pack it down. A snow shovel, even the small kind that allow your to remove the scoop from the handle, is real handy to have. If you are “into it”, you can also bring a snow saw and make a hammock Palace (the building, not the tarp) with walls and windows.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Thanks for a the help as usual
    I recently switched to to 1.3 micro cors with line loc v's
    So the cordage stays attached to the tarp.
    I like the system, but it was windy Saturday when I was setting up and by tying a mooring hitch to a stick, the tarp had to be "deployed" out of the skins
    The snow was ideal and I didn't have a problem
    , but if it was windier I could see an issue setting up this way

Edit: oh I get what your saying pack it and dig the trench before deploying the tarp
    Got it.....

Indeed! I used this exact method for both campsites recently at Pharaoh... I did not carry any stakes so I was really committed to it. And thankfully not disappointed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast