Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    you could also do a figure 4 with your legs (make your legs look like a 4) might have to change the leg that does the pointy end of the 4 and see if that works. it has helped me a few times while I was still new to hanging my hammock.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow.
    Tarp
    None yet
    Insulation
    None yet
    Images
    Yeah, been there done that. I put a pillow under my knee and it works for a while but not for long. I also do the figure 4 with my left leg (again its a right lay hammock) I dont think I can do it with my right leg cant say Ive really tried that. But in either case, actually every case, any adjustment I make only lasts for a while before I feel like I'm not comfortable again. If I could only fall asleep before I got uncomfortable again I might stay asleep. Its seems like I cant stay comfortable long enough to fall asleep. Even when I try when I'm very tired. I'm sure that if I was a prisoner of war somewhere, and this was all I had to sleep in, it would probably become like heaven, the reality is I have other options that I always revert back to. Like I said in an earlier post, when riding season comes back I plan to take it with me on a full day of riding, get good and tired and try it outdoors somewhere and hope that I fall asleep before I get uncomfortable. I hope its a just phycological thing at this point and once I experience some deep sleep in it I might get passed that. We shall see.

Anyway, I appreciate all your patience here trying to help work me through this. I just hope you folks dont start thinking I'm a tent salesman or something. LOL. Im not

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Could be that hammocks just arent for you.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Remove the ridge line and take the hammock out side to setup. Keep Adjusting the sag of the hammock even height of the tree straps (higher lower one end to the other) and see if you can find a happy spot...this may take a bit of time/effort
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow.
    Tarp
    None yet
    Insulation
    None yet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortalviking View Post
    Could be that hammocks just arent for you.
    Could be but I hope not.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow.
    Tarp
    None yet
    Insulation
    None yet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrgi View Post
    Remove the ridge line and take the hammock out side to setup. Keep Adjusting the sag of the hammock even height of the tree straps (higher lower one end to the other) and see if you can find a happy spot...this may take a bit of time/effort
    Dream Hammock told me the ridge line on this hammock shouldn't be removed otherwise the bug net and cover wont fit right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikJW View Post
    Yeah, been there done that. I put a pillow under my knee and it works for a while but not for long. I also do the figure 4 with my left leg (again its a right lay hammock) I dont think I can do it with my right leg cant say Ive really tried that. But in either case, actually every case, any adjustment I make only lasts for a while before I feel like I'm not comfortable again. If I could only fall asleep before I got uncomfortable again I might stay asleep. Its seems like I cant stay comfortable long enough to fall asleep. Even when I try when I'm very tired. I'm sure that if I was a prisoner of war somewhere, and this was all I had to sleep in, it would probably become like heaven, the reality is I have other options that I always revert back to. Like I said in an earlier post, when riding season comes back I plan to take it with me on a full day of riding, get good and tired and try it outdoors somewhere and hope that I fall asleep before I get uncomfortable. I hope its a just phycological thing at this point and once I experience some deep sleep in it I might get passed that. We shall see.

Anyway, I appreciate all your patience here trying to help work me through this. I just hope you folks dont start thinking I'm a tent salesman or something. LOL. Im not

Are there any specific areas of discomfort you can identify? For example: calf pressure, or knee extension, or neck pain, or side twist when side sleeping? Or is it just a generalized discomfort?

You say the pillow worked for a little while, but then stopped. In what way did it work? For example, did it stop calf pressure or knee extension? If so, I'm at a loss for why it would stop working. I've only had that be the case when I used too small of a pillow. In which case it might not work at all, or only for a few minutes until I realized I still felt the pain.

If a more generalized discomfort, I have no ideas. Other than it might just be your subconscious being unwilling to let you relax while hanging in the air. I wish you could try a bridge or 90º hammock. They are not for every one, but they just might be for you. Depending on exactly what it is that is uncomfortable.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Dream Hammock told me the ridge line on this hammock shouldn't be removed otherwise the bug net and cover wont fit right.
    True but you take all that fluff off and then play with the sag and see if you can find a happy spot for this hammock ...if you do find the sweet spot and it falls outside the length of the current ridge line then you need a basic hammock with no fluff/ridge line and sell this one cause it's not gonna work for you. The goal is to find that sweet spot for 'you' so we do need to play with the sag amounts(more or less from current fixed) from that we can move on based on the testing. Some hammocks work and others don't.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear DCF
    Insulation
    EE Revelation Apex
    Suspension
    Whoopie

I'm a hammock newbie, so I don't have any advice, but maybe some encouragement. I recently spent my first night in my XLC out on trail. I had the same issue, just couldn't get my legs comfortable. I'd figure 4 them, use my knee pillow, cross them, etc. every few minutes. Felt like I had restless leg syndrome or something. Took me quite a while to fall asleep (about 2 hours) but once I did, it was the best sleep I've ever had.

When I'm in a tent, I wake up many times through the night. This time, I slept like the dead from 9pm until 6am. Woke up to pee, thought I would just lay for a little while longer, ended up sleeping until 8am. Normally at home, I only sleep midnight to 6am every night. I couldn't believe how heavy I slept.

Maybe if you just put yourself in the situation where you have to fall asleep without the opportunity to go to your bed, it would work. Either way, best of luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456