Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I sent a book to a friend in Austin on Monday morning... he got it today. Pretty good, by any measure.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pnw-rider View Post
    I have 2-3 in flight at all times and have not had anything lost or delayed more than 48 hours.

I just got one from Justin, TX to seattle only a day late.

It seems really random, if your package goes through the wrong sorting center....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin?! That a few miles to our west, so it went direct from DFW (Major air shipping hub)
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    Justin?! That a few miles to our west, so it went direct from DFW (Major air shipping hub)
    Ah good to know. It was a huge box too, a giant bash/skid plate for my super tenere.

I have had a lot of packages in flight lately and all of them have arrived, but many have been 1-2 days behind the estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Trail Winder
    USPS is terrible on a good day. My husband bought a tarp for our daughter this past summer that took weeks to arrive. Tracking showed that it arrived in Atlanta and then there were no updates for weeks. The seller was about to refund us the money and try to place an insurance claim when it finally arrived at our home.

I’m currently waiting on some books to arrive in TN from IN. I swear that package is traveling by donkey on routes designed by Ikea.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles
    I have a friend south of the border that works logistics for a warehouse, shipping thousands of packages via USPS every day. The scoop he got from his rep was that pre-election, orders came down that essentially took automatic mail sorters offline in a number of larger mailing centers... and the impacts are still being felt.

My pal isn't a conspiracy nut, and this wouldn't be unbelievable in 2020!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have cleaned up a few posts from this thread. Please keep very far away from political posts or this post will be closed. Keep it on the topic of your hammock related gifts and the slowness of the various systems to deliver them on time.

Now please get back on topic and remove the links and politics from your responses.

Thank you and happy holidays to all
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

I had an order with Dutchware that got shipped on Dec 10th and was in USPS limbo until Dec 23rd.
    I think it all depends on which USPS hub it has to go thru...I heard Philly was pretty backed up so I’m guessing that’s where things got hosed. My wife ships stuff for eBay all the time using USPS, Fedex, and UPS. It’s all a crap shoot...she’s had stuff lately that got to Hawaii and Australia in less time than it took to get from DE to NJ.
    It is what it is...

Covid has affected many workers, currently about 10 million active cases in US. Some of these work for USPS, thus a shortage of workers. The election has had more voters than ever before with many voting by mail and a lot of political advertising from both parties. The internet-that great source of misinformation- reported other carriers faced with the same shortage of workers have dumped some of their packages to USPS for delivery.

For everybody except GA both events are over. USPS may be able to resume service starting now.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I work at the Atlanta airport--there is a huge postal facility right on the airport. I happened to notice last night on the way home there was a long line of semis and trailers waiting at the gate. (so apparently the backlog of postal orders is going to take a while to correct) On the bright side, the run off election in GA is over next week, so that should free up a lot of cargo space. (Both sides are sending out vast amounts of campaign flyers etc lol! )
    Last edited by stevebo; 12-31-2020 at 20:26.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    USPS cases of back up.
    My wife gets Time and People. They usually show up Friday or Saturday. There were a few weeks before Christmas when one of the other didn't show up. No big deal. The Monday before Christmas, three People's showed up and two Times! What was interesting was the Friday just before that, we'd gotten the normal magazines. So the one's showing up on Monday, were from past weeks while the current week showed up on time.
    I got a Stock Proxy. I got online to vote and got a "Sorry, time's passed for this". I looked at the "Last Day to Vote" on the packet. 12/10/2020! Those packets usually show up 3 to 4 weeks before the close. So that packet was probably "Stuck" for 5 to 6 weeks.
    Funny, all the 'straight-to-recycle' adds show up like clock work.

Hope everyone's mail eventually shows up.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast