HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    This post has been left in the vendor section because it is dealing with all of our hammock related vendors and our members who have hammock orders being delivered late. Consider it a hammock PSA because all the vendors are experiencing the same delivery issues this year assuming they use Fedex, USPS, or UPS. They all have notices posted about delays due to weather and dramatic increase in shipping times.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    As a cottage gear maker, I use first class mail for 95% of my shipments. Things are getting really crazy with the postal service. Only one of 18 packages I’ve mailed in the last 10 days has been scanned as received by USPS. I’m actually considering closing shop until the holidays are over. When packages have not been scanned, the tracking info makes it look like I have not sent them out. Northeast Ohio, where I am, is apparently one of the worst areas. See this from the front page of our newspaper today: https://plaindealer-oh.newsmemory.co...link=10e5850f6
    Unfortunately, USPS is normally understaffed, but now also has additional staff out due to Covid, record holiday mail volumes, and overflow packages dumped from FedEX, UPS, and even Amazon. Packages are piling up all over the country and scanning of tracking numbers is often skipped. I’m seeing usual 3-5 day delivery times take up to 3-5 weeks in some cases. Terrible, terrible, terrible.
    I know that complaining won't help me, but I feel better now.
    If you drop off the packages at USPS i would recommend making sure they are scanned in front of you before you leave. We, DutchWare, ship a minimum of 100 packages per day and we have 1 sheet that the USPS pickup guy scans which scans all of our packages into the system at once. We have also implemented this for our FedEx packages too.

With that said, yes, USPS is having MAJOR issues. I just dealt with an Amazon customer this morning who's order was shipped on the 3rd and still has not arrived. It is quite a mess but hopefully with the tips above it can help you out a little bit.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

I had an order through Garage Grown Gear that came Frome LiteAF on Nov 28th that used USPS. My package stopped in St. Louis on dec 6th with no tracking movement till yesterday the 17th when it arrived at my house in central Illinois. I sent an inquiry on dec 14th and was notified on 16th that due to increased demand and staff shortages my package would be late and they thanked me for my patience. They said all express and packages that paid extra for faster delivery would still be on time. This is my experience hope you all get yours in time. Merry Christmas

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I have a package sitting in NY since Dec 8. I wonder when I start to worry?
    I had an order stuck in SC since Dec 8. It arrived yesterday with no movement shown on USPS website. Now the website shows the path it took to get here after delivery. I also got an email this morning that a package that has been stuck in the U.P. of Michigan since Dec 3 had been delivered. I got yesterdays mail out of the mail box in the evening, so they must have delivered it late last night sometime. It showed no movement until yesterday.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
    I had an order stuck in SC since Dec 8. It arrived yesterday with no movement shown on USPS website. Now the website shows the path it took to get here after delivery. I also got an email this morning that a package that has been stuck in the U.P. of Michigan since Dec 3 had been delivered. I got yesterdays mail out of the mail box in the evening, so they must have delivered it late last night sometime. It showed no movement until yesterday.
    Thanks, that's probably the case here.

I know there is unprecedented volume, however it feels like there could be some sort of union slowdown too at the USPS. For the few packages I have had where the tracking was actually being scanned, the packages have been taking unusual routes. Sending packages to the wrong place, then resending it to the correct place only increases congestion. My wife shipped a package today to another town in CT, was told it would be there tomorrow, but now tracking shows it up in the Berkshires of Mass (I.e. not the Springfield distribution center but Otis!) scheduled to be delivered 4 days later.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Amazon has it too. I ordered a replacement tarp after my current one bit it and I needed a quick replacement ASAP. That was last week and it’s still not here. Went to the Amazon site and there is a bot that answers problems so we’ll see. It’s supposed to come tomorrow now. I have a feeling that they skip some deliveries to lighten the load and they see who follows up. Tomorrow I’ll see if it worked.
    Keeping my fingers crossed because I was hoping to go for a short hike( not out the back door to my hammock like it’s been).

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    The USPS is screwed right now. I have a Loco Libre 0 degree UQ coming and I am so nervous it will just get lost! I have a set of cabinet jacks that were supposed to be delivered Dec 11th and they FINALLY hit my PO today! Phew!
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I had a 20° degree set of quilts from HG that they shipped out on the 24th of November that finally got delivered today, tomorrow would have been 4 weeks since they shipped.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Even before this onslaught of mailing the USPS tracking is useless, just completely useless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast