Hammock
    Dutch chameleon / Banyan
    Tarp
    Cubin fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ TQ / loco UQ

VIDEO - Winter backpacking in the Adirondacks

https://youtu.be/pn25oI5pAWs

Welcome back for another adventure. Please leave some comments either here or on the chanel. Id really like to know what people think of the videos....

I am back in the Adirondacks, this time with Josh and Tim. We hike a little over 3 miles to a lean to and setup for a nice weekend out. The weather was warm for December in the Adirondacks, but we still had some beautiful snow to enjoy. We had a fire go the entire time we were out there so we never really had to deal with the cold.

On day 2 we hiked over to woodhull lake lean to and then back to our camp again. The hike was great, but when we got back we found we had a visitor from what we believe to be a dog. Prints all the way back to our campsite and under my tarp gave a bit of a spook, but ultimately we figured it was someone walking a dog. Coyotes are never that brave, especially since I had fire going while we were gone and it was day time when most coyote activity is at night.

I tried to keep this video relaxing with some nice views and more deliberate views of the scenery. I hope you all enjoy.

Please like, subscribe, and comment. Id love to know what you all think!

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    Nice video, nice spot to camp. You guys ate like kings! And the pre-cut firewood was a blessing, eh? This brings back many fond memories of cross-country ski trips in the Adirondacks, usually in the high peaks region around Marcy. We'd typically claim a lean-to a few miles from the parking lot for a few days and use it as a base camp to explore the area just like you guys did. It's possible to cover many more miles in a day on skis, and the downhill runs are a blast! Doesn't look like you had quite enough snow for that, but the season is just getting started. Thanks for taking us along on your adventure!

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon / Banyan
    Tarp
    Cubin fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ TQ / loco UQ
    We definately brought enough food. We had another day or 2 of left over food when we left. Always seem to over pack on winter trips!
    The fire wood was AWESOME! Made the entire weekend feel 20 degrees warmer than it was. We had to deal with some smoke from drying it out, but once those big logs caught we were set.
    I've never gotten into skiing yet. I wonder if it's worth the investment for me. I think I'd have to try it out first. The Basecamp concept is great for winter because you don't have to work as hard once your setup. The downside is, you have to double your mileage when exploring. The upside is, your set when you get back instead of having to find wood, cut, chop, and setup camp.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    A nice video! Looks like fun conditions.

• + New Posts