My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    How many hours do you have on this machine? It may be time for a regular tune up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    I bought it at the end of May, and I’ve probably used it for an average of 2-3 hours a week since then. It’s hard to estimate, but that sounds about right. 3 plain Jane hammocks, a fanny/waist pack, a top and bottom quilt, a tarp, a bug sock, and a dozen or so stuff sacks/zipper pouches. I’ve kept it pretty busy for a $90 machine, but it’s probably been cleaned a couple hundred times by now, too. I’ve only used Geutermann thread in it, and I’ve been regularly changing out needles. If I’ve damaged it in some way, then it must be a very fragile machine, because I’ve been pretty careful with it.

any thread that gets down in the bobbin area will cause problems. as far as it stating users shouldnt oil the machine. honestly that is the worst thing ever. taking the top off and bottom off where things need to be oiled isnt that difficult and id suggest going to a local shop and ask them to show you how to maintain it since it is out of warrantee after a year. any reputable shop will do this for you. i do suggest you go there to buy supplys such as needles occasionally and its always good to take the machine in to have a check up done every so many years. the bobbin case is a wearable item as well so when you can pick up a couple. singer has been known to stop selling them and the aftermarket isnt as good.

Quote Originally Posted by pen25 View Post
    any thread that gets down in the bobbin area will cause problems. as far as it stating users shouldnt oil the machine. honestly that is the worst thing ever. taking the top off and bottom off where things need to be oiled isnt that difficult and id suggest going to a local shop and ask them to show you how to maintain it since it is out of warrantee after a year. any reputable shop will do this for you. i do suggest you go there to buy supplys such as needles occasionally and its always good to take the machine in to have a check up done every so many years. the bobbin case is a wearable item as well so when you can pick up a couple. singer has been known to stop selling them and the aftermarket isnt as good.
    this talks about what happens when threads and too much garbage is below the bobbin case

https://youtu.be/0fAFIzOoGpM?t=135

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12