WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Wooki, DB
    Suspension
    UCR, Dynaweave

KAM Snaps on Wooki?

I have been considering adding a couple KAM snaps to my Wooki and my hammock near the shoulder and 1-2 at the foot box. I have been struggling to keep my Wooki up on my shoulder in both of my Warbonnet hammocks for quite some time now and am determined to do something about it. I like the idea of just snapping it in place and forgetting about it. Does anyone have any reasons why this might be a bad idea? I tried looking around on the forum about it but all I could find was Gemini type stuff. I know #20 is most common and it's what my Diamondback quilt has on the collar, but is there any reason to think a #16 wouldn't work or will they not have enough holding power?

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    It's much more effective to re-whip the Wooki. I guess you could add Kam Snaps, but you'd have to do it on both sides to avoid having it slip on the other side. AFAIK the Wooki is quite a bit narrower than the XLC, so I'm not sure if you could add the snaps to the hem of the hammock.

Before you punch holes into your quilt and hammock, try this: open the foot end of your Wooki, pull the whipping cord out of the channel, re-whip it by hand and pull out the sides a couple of inches. Tie the whip off. I always fold the whip once to get a kind of knob on which to put the rubber band. This tightens the sides, pulling the Wooki snug around the feet and the shoulder and also prevents slipping. You might need to do it more than once until you find the best setting. I have been modifying all of my Wookis this way for years, and it has worked flawlessly. It's also fully undoable - in contrast to snaps.

I put snaps on a Wookie and an XLC BB. I used 16’s, 2 snaps a few inches apart at shoulder and foot.

There is no real damage done, I put the snaps through the zipper material. I’d imagine if I took them off you’d never know.

• + New Posts