Daazas Christmas vacation

3 day get away leading into new years eve. Setting up a stay put camp (usually overnight and move on) takes a leisurely 2 hours so we let the young bloke off the proverbial work chain and onto his MTB to hit the trails while we sit down and laugh about wine and cheese people time. Wife asks if we should check on the boy, to which I say 'nah she'll be right' as a couple wheel our sons bike into camp as the boy holds his arm covered in dust..... parents of the year award turns into quick bush doctor assessment... results in 2 hour trip to the hospital ER for suspected broken collarbone. Yep snapped in 2 so in a sling and get back to camp and set him up in my hammock. He slept through the rest of the night ok. He was able to get comfortable straight away in the hammock for the remainder of the stay, so it looks like I may have to upgrade his HH into a WB XLC.
    One of the pics shows a orange dragonfly that landed on Dutches zing-it, it was fate.
    Anyway trail riding and swimming on hot humid summer days, well we call it swimming others would see it as rednecks sitting on plastic chairs in the stream throwing a football at the kid with a busted wing.
    On one of the trail rides we came across a 4wd that ripped a wheel off (fellow rednecker)( in training obviously as if you couldn't fix that where it is with some wire/hammer and duct tape)
    Home for New Years then off to into Aussies version of Mexico... NSW. To a relies sheep farm 500 klms away for a week. The kids got to round up and shear the sheep and chase cattle to ear tag. I played bush mechanic and fixed the farm quad and change diesel filters.
    We had lunch on the fire up in the hills one day so it was too nice a spot not to set up the hammock. I woke to cows sniffing the weird floating blue thing. It was a relaxing and eventful couple of weeks.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    That all looks fantastic! What a beautiful way to spend time with your family.

I can't quite tell, but it looks as if the firefly insect is large enough to consume small animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post

I can't quite tell, but it looks as if the firefly insect is large enough to consume small animals.
    Scarlett percher dragonfly I think.
    The irony of dragonfly perching on Dutches products made me smile.

• + New Posts