SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Shug - when I retired, people wondered how I’d “keep busy”. Absolutely no trouble with that. In fact, given how many “chores” are on the list, I’m amazed I was able to do anything when I had an 8-5/M-F job.

The biggest change was realizing I didn’t need to wait for the weekends to have an adventure. Now, I purposely avoid planning things on the weekend. I’d rather leave those trailhead parking spaces for people who only have Sat/Sun off and instead focus on more mid-week adventures.
    When my Dad first retired I asked him about keeping busy. He said, I’m busier in retirement than I ever was at work, I just take my time!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Shug - when I retired, people wondered how I’d “keep busy”. Absolutely no trouble with that. In fact, given how many “chores” are on the list, I’m amazed I was able to do anything when I had an 8-5/M-F job.

The biggest change was realizing I didn’t need to wait for the weekends to have an adventure. Now, I purposely avoid planning things on the weekend. I’d rather leave those trailhead parking spaces for people who only have Sat/Sun off and instead focus on more mid-week adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpatter View Post
    When my Dad first retired I asked him about keeping busy. He said, I’m busier in retirement than I ever was at work, I just take my time!
    Seriously....I feel very busy. No urgency.
    I'll wait to see what life brings me.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Looks like a great trip and by the way caught you on canoe hound and it was a great show. Love those BWCA

Tarp
    Etowah 10x10
    Insulation
    NeoAirXtherm+Down
    Suspension
    None: grounded
    I need to get out more. Love your videos. I thought I have all the equipment I could possibly want but now I realize I need better lightweight boots for this snow-less cold weather. My old GoLite boots are finally wearing out.
    Sioux Hustler Trail 2020, Angleworm Trail, 2021, PowWow Trail clearing 2021, and any weekend overnight I can get.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoefor2 View Post
    Looks like a great trip and by the way caught you on canoe hound and it was a great show. Love those BWCA
    Thanks. We talked for an hour and a half in the green room after the broadcast. Looks like I have a canoe trip with Dennis, Kevin and James coming in Canada sometime!!!! At least it was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneH View Post
    I need to get out more. Love your videos. I thought I have all the equipment I could possibly want but now I realize I need better lightweight boots for this snow-less cold weather. My old GoLite boots are finally wearing out.
    The boot choices at that 32º mark are tricky.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Fit were me, I’d get a very light kayak-boat-canoe and it’d have2B wide, so maybe it would resist tipping over. And just in case it does spill your gear, you might want everything in dry bags.

Phantom: scairdycat

Good luck Shug, I know you’ll have a blast!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Fit were me, I’d get a very light kayak-boat-canoe and it’d have2B wide, so maybe it would resist tipping over. And just in case it does spill your gear, you might want everything in dry bags.

Phantom: scairdycat

Good luck Shug, I know you’ll have a blast!
    I am going canoe I think. But I'll rent the first few times out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Yeti 20
    Suspension
    homemade whoopies
    Super enjoyable video as always. Your joy in being outside is infectious! I've never been a winter camper but you make me reconsider. Thanks for taking the time to film and share.

I think the dessert reviews and comments are my favorite part of your videos. People who don't camp probably never realize the outsized importance that a small treat like that takes on when you are in the middle of nowhere. Hiking deep in the Adirondacks one year a bear at all of our snacks while we were off hiking. It was like being punched in the gut discovering that for the rest of our trip there would be no tasty treats.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PatapscoMike View Post
    Super enjoyable video as always. Your joy in being outside is infectious! I've never been a winter camper but you make me reconsider. Thanks for taking the time to film and share.

I think the dessert reviews and comments are my favorite part of your videos. People who don't camp probably never realize the outsized importance that a small treat like that takes on when you are in the middle of nowhere. Hiking deep in the Adirondacks one year a bear at all of our snacks while we were off hiking. It was like being punched in the gut discovering that for the rest of our trip there would be no tasty treats.
    So true. That lil' treat in the dark is good for the soul. And palate.
    Bet that was a satisfied bear though! Yogi.....Boo-Boo

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    When I was a kid, we came back from a hike one time and the bear was eating our snacks still in the tent! My dad put us in the truck and we drove out of there. Always called that spot bear camp after that. Not an area known for bears, but they get around.

I'm always surprised how relaxed they are - an apex predator with no insecurity issues at all. Walks around without a care in the world - totally friendly as long as you don't try to get in the way of eating the food.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast