Tarp
    DD 3m x 3m
    Insulation
    Sleeping pad
    Suspension
    Cinch straps

Help with Hammock Bliss Sky Bed Bug Free setup

Hello folks,

So I've sourced myself a sexy Sky Bed Bug Free hammock from Hammock Bliss (Kudos to Dov for the great service) and I've added some cinch buckles and straps and an adjustable ridgeline (to lock in the sag, hold up the mozzie net, impress the ladies etc) - thanks to Tier Gear.

I've tried the foot end up a little higher and I've tried a few lengths with my ridgeline (I've ended up settling on the 83%) but it still feels a bit odd with my legs feeling considerably elevated and "hyperextendedey" and if I try to sleep on my side it feels like my pelvis is considering divorcing me and taking the legs. Rather painful! "Then have you tried keeping the hammock level Michael ya handsome fella?" I hear you say! Yes, but then I kept waking up after I had slid down a bit and then had to climb back up with a nifty shuffle with my shoulder blades (wrong tools for the job sure but I made it work).

My question is - does having the sleeping pad locked into the special hammock sleeve change the game a bit when setting sag and foot height etc? Anybody else have one?
    SO-14a Assistant Chief Viscount of Research (Hammocks)
    International Space, Clouds and Tree Canopy Research Mission (ISCTCRM) - Sunshine Coast Region - Australia
    Layin' down and swinging. Lookin' up and singing!

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    I use one occasionally....stick a pad in the sleeve, it was made for it, gives a stiffer, 'slightly' flatter lay. Bugnet takes a bit of fluffing around so it doesn't hang on your face.

If your a back sleeper, stick your day/spare clothes(or something similar) in a stuff sack or frameless pack & chuck it under your knees to help with hyperextension... I'm a side sleeper so use the stuff sack trick as a pillow for my head/neck.
    Last edited by ofuros; 12-02-2020 at 04:17.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have a Skybed hammock and it is not cut to be used without a pad. It takes some getting used to even with a pad, but without a pad it's basically unusable. If you want to use an underquilt, you will have to get a normal, gathered end hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Haven’t used my Hammock Bliss in a while, but I found that adding a ridgeline and using the pad generally worked fine. When using an UQ with the pad, I added loops around the perimeter to keep it from sliding off the pad-flattened sag. I never tried raising the foot end, so no real thoughts on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts