WBBB XLC, Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly, Hanger12
    Insulation
    Wooki, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Tarp with tensahedron stand

I made a tensahedron stand recently and am interested in using it with my tarp for camping. Some quick details on the setup: the hammock is a WBBB XLC, tarp is an 11’ superfly and the legs on the diy stand are 9’ long. I should have plenty of room to use the tarp without tarp extension on the stand. At least, that’s what I think after studying other threads on this topic. I must be doing something wrong, however, because I can pull the tarp ridge line taut with no load in the hammock, but when I lay in the hammock, the ends of the stand rise slightly, introducing slack into the ridge line.

I’m wondering what the appropriate solution would be. Do I have the stand arm angles wrong? Should I intentionally overtighten the tarp ridge line before I get in the hammock, knowing that when I do load the hammock the stand arms will settle into the right spot to keep the tarp ridge line taut?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackelroy View Post
    I made a tensahedron stand recently and am interested in using it with my tarp for camping. Some quick details on the setup: the hammock is a WBBB XLC, tarp is an 11’ superfly and the legs on the diy stand are 9’ long. I should have plenty of room to use the tarp without tarp extension on the stand. At least, that’s what I think after studying other threads on this topic. I must be doing something wrong, however, because I can pull the tarp ridge line taut with no load in the hammock, but when I lay in the hammock, the ends of the stand rise slightly, introducing slack into the ridge line.

I’m wondering what the appropriate solution would be. Do I have the stand arm angles wrong? Should I intentionally overtighten the tarp ridge line before I get in the hammock, knowing that when I do load the hammock the stand arms will settle into the right spot to keep the tarp ridge line taut?
    You need to lengthen the hammock suspension. See the Adjustment section of the Tensa4 User Guide (linked from Support page of Tensa Outdoor site) for further troubleshooting, most of which will apply to DIY as well as to the commercial flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly, Hanger12
    Insulation
    Wooki, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    You need to lengthen the hammock suspension. See the Adjustment section of the Tensa4 User Guide (linked from Support page of Tensa Outdoor site) for further troubleshooting, most of which will apply to DIY as well as to the commercial flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Latherdome. I will try that tomorrow. Appreciate your willingness to provide advice!

• + New Posts