Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps

new warbonnet? or something else?

awright.

so when i bought my first hammock, i read ALL the posts on here and decided that for my needs (old side sleeper, cold weather, heavy, bug allergic, blah, bah) the WB BBXLC double layer was probably right for me.

it was a good choice for me i like it a lot. love it. life changer. sleep in it every night, indoors or out.

i love my shelf, but i wish i could unzip on both sides sometimes too. i'm looking for a second hammock. for those of you who are familiar with the BBXLC and other hammocks, is there something great i should try if i already love that, or should i just go with the new XLC?

i plan to keep using my current one until it wears out all the way, but i'm kinda sick of having to put it up and take it down every time i want to move from home to camping and back. especially when i come home.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Like you, I sleep in my BBXLC every night. My solution was buying a second BBXLC for my camping adventures. That way I can dry out my camping gear when I get home and still pivot into an already waiting XLC.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Maybe look at the Eldorado...it's the same body as the XLC. The only difference is the net...it doesn't have the shelf. But, because it's an asym design I find I only get out on the pullout side. The whole wall of fabric tends to discourage me from trying to get out on that side.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 12’
    Insulation
    JRB MW4 HSS 0*
    Suspension
    Web/DutchHks/Biner
    My wife and I both love our Dutchware chameleons. The chameleon has been super comfortable for us both, formerly ground sleepers for 51 years. We won’t go back unless we end up somewhere with no trees. The chameleon has a zip on, zip off, bug net that accommodates asym sleeping. Just can’t recommend it enough.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have both the new XLC and the old one, as well as a Wide Chameleon. At 6'1", i am also very broad in the shoulders, and experience some slight shoulder squeeze in both XLCs, and so if i shift around in the night, i have to adjust for the squeeze too. I dont have that issue in the Wide Chameleon, which is why its my first choice to take with me. BUT, both brands are equally as comfortable when you find your sweet spot, and if you're not a Line Backer, then i dont think you can go wrong with either.

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    i've been looking seriously at a dream hammock sparrow. i think the peak shelf might do for me what the BBXLC shelf does for me, but i'm still concerned about flatness of lay because i am SO comfortable in the XLC and let's face it, that hammock is not going to last forever. it's on year five of hard use and showing signs of wear, so whatever i buy now is going to be my new primary pretty soon.

while we're on it: the XLC has two tiny holes, pinhead sized, in both layers, as if a little piece of sand got in there and i slept on it. i'm worried that a patch would be something i'd FEEL. anybody got ideas about that?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    fkask_ehrienmeyer, unless you are a candidate for a live “princess and the pea” presentation, it’s difficult to imagine you’d feel a small patch of repair tape.

You didn’t mention where the repair would be or what you wear in the hammock but I can’t imagine you’d feel the very slight difference if you wore something between your skin and the patch itself. Probably easy enough to test by putting a similar patch on some spare fabric and lying on it.

I use GearAid Tenacious Tape ($4.95 at REI).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    BBXLC / sparrow
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    wooki/burrow/
    Suspension
    straps
    good to know.

if i lose a whole pair of gloves under me in a hammock, i have a hard time finding them, but let it be a grain of salt...

maybe i'm weird that way.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Weird is okay. It makes the world interesting.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts