WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps

what is best tarp for interior double pole mod

I’m envisioning a large tarp - probably 13 ft for a Ridge Runner - with an interior pole mod on each end, and perhaps a tie-out in the middle bottom edge. It would be in the shape of a covered wagon or Quonset Hut. I was thinking of a SuperFly because I’m currently lusting after that Snow Day Camo (currently out of stock). But the “standard” custom option for the superfly is one center interior pole mod.

Wondering if anyone has set their tarp up with two interior poles? I recall some photos where the interior poles lean towards the center of the tarp rather than stand straight up.

My concern is the curve at the ends of the tarp would keep any doors from closing.

I do have a no-longer-available WildernessLogics Old Man Winter (13 ft) and recall that 2QZQ can added pockets for interior poles - it wouldn’t be Snow Day Camo but it would have the shape I’m thinking about - if that tarp would work with the mods.

So if you are sporting a double interior mod feature with your tarp, what model/manufacturer are use using?

Thanks for the direction.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Dutch ware has a massive tarp that looks like a Conestoga wagon!
    http://dutchwaregear.com/product/two-person-tarp/
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    WL Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    SLD Winter Haven can be 13' with multiple pole mods.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/produ...-4-season-tarp

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by donig View Post
    SLD Winter Haven can be 13' with multiple pole mods.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/produ...-4-season-tarp
    this was my first thought as well

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    This is a DIY, but modeled after the measurements taken from a Superfly. The angle of the poles really doesn't matter much. No problems closing the doors.

Instead of pole pockets,you could also add the 1/2" Beastee D rings to your OMW. They hold the poles perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    The JRB universal tarp is only 12 x 10, but it is pretty big with the dual interior pole mods. It leaves plenty of room for the spreader bars on the bridge hammock.

20200508_170004.jpg
    JRB Universal Tarp (5).jpg

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Thank you for those great examples. I can see the SLD’s even has a 3 pole option. I’m glad to see the Superfly dimensions still allow closed doors with the interior poles at the ends.

Groundskeeper, I have an Universal but would have to retro fit it for interior poles. Do you have pockets for the poles or Besstee D rings? I’m guessing 2QZQ could add either. Or I could use a small loop to add the Beastee to existing D-ring. What is the length of your interior poles and did you run a cord from them to the ridgeline end connectors to keep the lean angle on not allow them to slip. I’m guessing Countrybois did the same thing - an interior line to keep the poles at the desired angle.

I’m kinda jazzed that I could do this to an existing tarp but, you know - it’s winter and having a Winter Camo tarp would be way cool (for those of us who get excited about such things).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    It must be the beastee D ring because the pole ends fit right into them. I made the poles myself and they ended up 112 inches after some trial and error. As far as keeping the poles in place, the tarp has little guy out loops on the ridge of the tarp that I pass the poles through on the way to the other side. That is one of the things I like about that tarp, it has guy outs all over the place, yet still fairly light for such a large tarp.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Simply Light Designs Winter Haven with 3-pole mod and XL wide silpoly. Trump says it's YUGE!

This photo is with just ONE pole, so I would say two are plenty for any scenario.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    OneClick - such a nice setup. Too bad the vendors are either out of snow camo or interior poles - disallowing ordering during this holiday saving period. I guess I can help them financially by ordering, full price (ouch) during the off-season between New Years and Spring. I was thinking it might have been “off season” most the year for them - but then again, their sales are all “OnLine” so the only slowdown would be a delay in supplies. That, and customers hesitating because of the general economic situation.

Back to these huge tarps - Just as I was circling in on a modified/custom SuperFly or SLD, Dutch comes out with his ExtraWide tricked out with double beastee tie outs (one for the guy line, one for the pole, at each point) and an interior ridgeline with sliding bungee prusiks to hold the poles and provide a clothes line. The interior ridgeline is anchored inside the ends of the tarp so there is no migration of rain water down the line.

WarBonnet is out of Snow Day Camo - can’t order that. Dutch is out of the interior poles - can’t order that. But there is no hurry.

I do want to build an igloo this winter. I’ve made them by cutting the traditional blocks but for years I’ve had an unused “kit” that is a plastic form (GrandShelter) you fill in place to make the blocks. Of course I imagine an igloo large enough so I could run hammock suspension lines out the sides. But it would take two people to build because I couldn’t reach as high as necessary to roof a nine-ten foot diameter igloo. Back to big tarps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast