Little Hammock Shop -7 Celcius UQ and Klimt insulated sleeping PAD

I purchased the LHS UQ and used it down to about 5/6 celcius. It was doable though a bit cooler than I would like. Even though it is rated for -7. Wondering what people thought about using a UQ with a sleeping PAD.

How much warm do you think it would add? Wondering how much colder I could potentially go with both UQ and PAD?

Rgds

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Big thing with the UQ is not to overtighten it. Make sure it's suspended using the extra quilt hooks on the hammock. I believe you use a chameleon so put little sbiners on those d rings near the peaks and make sure the quilt is lifted up. At the shoulder (your shoulder) you use attach the UQ to the pull out to keep it in place there. You can do the same at the feet. Make sure you migrate the down so it's under you and not at the ends (where it might have been pushed when you stuff the quilt into the stuff sack). I think the big thing is experience. The more you play with it and use it the more you figure it out.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Problem I’ve had with a pad - even in summer - is, because it is not breathable, I feel wetness - like sweat beads running down my back. I wouldn’t hesitate to and a small pad section at the foot end - especially with my 3/4th length UQ’s but I am short so those 3/4th length UQ’s are almost full length for me. Adding a full size pad AND a UQ would be near the bottom of my list of things to try.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoor View Post
    I purchased the LHS UQ and used it down to about 5/6 celcius. It was doable though a bit cooler than I would like. Even though it is rated for -7. Wondering what people thought about using a UQ with a sleeping PAD.

How much warm do you think it would add? Wondering how much colder I could potentially go with both UQ and PAD?

Rgds
    UQ not living up to temp rating due to improper adjustment has got to be the #1 complaint mentioned on HF.

Try Firesong's suggested remedies and also check out Shug's video on UQ adjustment. It is specific to the HG Incubator but really it applies to just about every UQ on the market today.

Early on I followed this advice and haven't had a single issue over the years with full-length or shorty quilts despite the fact that I don't use any UQ hooks or other hardware or doo-dads or tricky triangles and whatnot.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts