Hennessy Hammocks Survivorman
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Br@nch View Post
    No, I didn't think that at all!

Unfortunately, for us both, there are really no good close options. You either have to drive well into Arkansas or up near the St. Louis area. I've not searched too much north of the KC area, but I guess there could be a place or two.
    My wife and I just went out to Woodridge park on the west side of Clinton Lake (south of Lawrence KS). It was about a 4 mile fairly easy loop trail and there were campsites scattered throughout the trail. https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/k...primitive-park

Elk River Trail is a place several friends have gone to recently. it's about a 7.5 mile out and back trail. There are some cool rock formations you have to navigate through. It's about 3hrs away from KC. https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/...lk-river-trail

Those are about the closest trails I've found to backpacking trails anywhere around Kansas City. Well, other than stealth camping

Hammock
    One Tigris kompound
    Tarp
    Bulwark
    Insulation
    Night protector
    Hey, new guy here. I’m just starting out into hammocks. Depending where this lands I’d like to tagalong and ask a bunch of noob questions.

Edit: I just spent a few days at woodridge. It was fun, and amazing just how busy it was.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverbeenstranded View Post
    Hey, new guy here. I’m just starting out into hammocks. Depending where this lands I’d like to tagalong and ask a bunch of noob questions.

Edit: I just spent a few days at woodridge. It was fun, and amazing just how busy it was.
    Welcome to the forum and the world of hammocks!

These outings are a great place for new folks to learn the ins and outs of hammocking.

As of right now, its looking like the trip will be on the Butterfield Hiking Trail January 1-3.

Looking forward to meeting you!

-Br@nch

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I attended the 2018 hang and had a great time. Living in north central Arkansas, I have long wanted to hike the Butterfield Trail due to its beauty and proximity. I plan to attend again this year. Will this years hang follow a different plan since it is three days?

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by runners_low View Post
    I attended the 2018 hang and had a great time. Living in north central Arkansas, I have long wanted to hike the Butterfield Trail due to its beauty and proximity. I plan to attend again this year. Will this years hang follow a different plan since it is three days?
    Hwy runners_low--I don't think you will be disappointed in the BHT, I certainly was not!

So far, I believe the plan is to camp at or near the trailhead Friday night so we can all hang out around the fire and enjoy some great food and great company. Then we can start the hike in on Saturday morning and everyone can tackle the trail at their own pace. My tentative plan is to hike to Junction Camp Saturday evening, then hike out Sunday morning.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Sounds good! If you wind up needing to borrow the UQ's just give me a holler a few days in advance so I can pick them up from the relative's home where I'm currently storing my extra quilts!
    I wanted to see if the offer to borrow an UQ is still available for next weekend's hang. I have a gemini UQ but I've only taken it down to about 25 degrees. I'll be bringing a reflectix pad and a closed cell foam pad that came with my "4-season" HH. weather looks like it might get down to 10 degrees and I THINK I'll be okay but, if I can borrow one that would be good insurance.

Also, It's just going to be me so, one UQ will be enough.

Thanks!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by doowahderek View Post
    I wanted to see if the offer to borrow an UQ is still available for next weekend's hang. I have a gemini UQ but I've only taken it down to about 25 degrees. I'll be bringing a reflectix pad and a closed cell foam pad that came with my "4-season" HH. weather looks like it might get down to 10 degrees and I THINK I'll be okay but, if I can borrow one that would be good insurance.

Also, It's just going to be me so, one UQ will be enough.

Thanks!

I’m so sorry doowahderek. I just now saw this post of yours. Up until this morning I was planning on coming. We had a death in the family this morning. Funeral plans have not been set yet. I don’t think I’ll be coming to the hang this year.

Would anyone else be able to help doowahderek out with a down underquilt?

Hammock
    12' DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    12' Warbonnet Thun
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetle B
    I’m so sorry doowahderek. I just now saw this post of yours. Up until this morning I was planning on coming. We had a death in the family this morning. Funeral plans have not been set yet. I don’t think I’ll be coming to the hang this year.

I would but I'm afraid with the ice storm coming through I may not be coming after all. I love winter weather but can't gamble with ice.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please do not worry about my butt getting cold. I will probably over pack anyway.

I hope your family can find peace in this difficult time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex fly
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh4ggy View Post
    I would but I'm afraid with the ice storm coming through I may not be coming after all. I love winter weather but can't gamble with ice.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I'm with you Sh4ggy. It sounds like rain and freezing rain on the 1st from KC to the BHT.

I'm going to make the decision on Friday morning. I'm going to be really disappointed if I can't make it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast