Hammock
    TrailHeadz Wraith UL or Banshee UL
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Custom
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    While we don't have an R&D lab here, we do rely on real world testing not only by ourselves but also by a select group of experienced testers. We do use a down/loft formula to determine how much down is needed to reach a certain loft measurement.Yes 1000 FP does have a measurable difference compared to other FP. Not as noticeable with 950. But lower fill it is. Our down is all RDS certified from Loose goose down, who sources from Allied and IS 1000FP. The main reasons we havent fully released these quilts is a combination of material availability and testing to be sure they work properly.

Hammock
    TrailHeadz Wraith UL or Banshee UL
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Custom
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    20201120_160024.jpg

This is the label from Allied down on the bag, stating both the 1000fp and the rds

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    I was actually on site when the Down Supplier hand delivered the 7' long bag of down. Stating it was 1K fp. Ethically sourced and Hyperdry. While i know good and well that 100FP down is not gonna be for everyone. Whether it's personal preference, budget, or geographical location. As John posted above, it's not fully tested, but having my hands on it and the quilts he's building it's a remarkable thing, for those who want or need the lightest quilts on the market.

Besides I seem to remember when the naysayers had a field day with DCF.

Just my .02
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Things are definitely reaching the point of diminishing returns!

The 7D/950 quilts I have are already amazingly light and stuffable, and it's reaching the point that I (personally!) would have to be a world-class FKT'er or other extreme endurance athlete to justify the tiny % of weight/volume reduction. Alas, I ain't.

But I'm sure that "back in the day" some other schmuck like me said the same thing about 20D/750.

And as a character in a TV commercial once said, "That IRA ain't gunna spend itself."
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234