DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    I don't know what to tell you homie. Spygivers even done a review. Why don't you watch the review?

https://youtu.be/f6osIamJINk

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

That’s for a hammock. I’m looking for info about 1000FP quilts, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Oops true indeed. Hit up hammocks crap on fb - seen a few in the past month

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Thanks. I’ve been avoiding Facebook lately, but I’ll wander over and take a look

Hammock
    TrailHeadz Wraith UL or Banshee UL
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Custom
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    Hi Hammichael, our 1k fill quilts are still in testing as its still a new product. So far our 20s and 0s are performing nicely in the 20° range, we are still waiting on colder temps to be able to push their comfort ratings.
    A 20° is coming in at about 16.5-17oz and the 0° is just over 19. Made with 7d membrane and. 5noseeum mesh with 1k rds hyperdry grey goose down to give some specs. Ill be happy to answer any questions you may have as testing results come in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHeadz View Post
    Hi Hammichael, our 1k fill quilts are still in testing as its still a new product. So far our 20s and 0s are performing nicely in the 20° range, we are still waiting on colder temps to be able to push their comfort ratings.
    A 20° is coming in at about 16.5-17oz and the 0° is just over 19. Made with 7d membrane and. 5noseeum mesh with 1k rds hyperdry grey goose down to give some specs. Ill be happy to answer any questions you may have as testing results come in.
    I have to assume you're using the Membrane 7 fabric from RBTR. Is that correct? Is it available again (maybe to a gear manufacturer who will buy in larger quantities), or did you buy a bunch back when it was still available? It's been sold out on their retail site for quite some time.

I have a TQ from Loco Libre with that fabric for both shells and like the material a lot.

Hammock
    TrailHeadz Wraith UL or Banshee UL
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Custom
    Insulation
    Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Breeze Buckles
    We are using the 7d membrane primarily but while the material is out of stock for now we are using the 10d (adds about 1.5oz). The 7d should, hopefully, be back in stock before much longer but we are looking at other sourcing options.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    Thanks, but until some field reports or hands-on reviews roll in, it all still feels pretty theoretical...

I agree. I am really skeptical of the ultra high FP claims. Remember the FP rating is only the rating of volume filled by 20g of down. The ability to for the ultra high FPs to keep loft under the compression of the fabrics makes me wonder if you are really getting anything for the extra money.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    I agree. I am really skeptical of the ultra high FP claims. Remember the FP rating is only the rating of volume filled by 20g of down. The ability to for the ultra high FPs to keep loft under the compression of the fabrics makes me wonder if you are really getting anything for the extra money.
    In theory, you may be right. But if John over at TrailHeadz is able to source the lighter weight fabrics (as he is hoping), that should help alleviate the issue of the weight of the fabric causing compression. If his 20° 1000fp down quilt is able to keep the user warm at (or near) 20°, then we know that the down is not being negatively impacted by the fabric- I'm sure he'll probably add a certain % of overfill to his quilts (as all the other vendors do).

If this all pans out, the user would be getting a full-length 20° quilt that is sub-20oz, and on average about 4oz. lighter than a 900/950fp quilt of the same size- which would be great for the UL hammocking community.

Good point, Jeff-Oh. It’ll come down to the quality of the design and the level of execution in the build to get the full value out of this mythical unicorn fur, um, I mean 1000FP down!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast