Hello all,

Actually, there's nothing wrong -- that I know of. But I've had it for six years now, and while I sleep it in comfortably, I've begun wondering what exactly makes the difference between ENO's and other, "better" gathered-end hammocks.

If I were to upgrade, maybe to a Chameleon or a Blackbird or another cottage vendor's hammock, what difference would I see? Some appear to have nice features, like a shelf for storing gear at night, but is there a significant difference in comfort?

For what it's worth, I sleep very well in my DoubleNest. It's the only hammock I've owned, so I don't know anything different. My only annoyance is the amount of fabric -- I call it a "coffin effect," which makes it difficult to see out of the hammock and sometimes drapes/falls over my face.

For what it's worth, weight is not an issue. I use the hammock either for car camping or, most often, for trips to the Boundary Waters in northern MN, where a few ounces' difference in weight doesn't matter much at all since the hammock is riding in the bottom of the boat 99% of the time.

Thanks, all!

Carmike